PDA

View Full Version : Help please

terry
09-28-2015, 09:09 PM
I just purchased a 2000 Met jersey. It was listed as game issued, possibly game worn. It is tagged as set 1, how many set 1's do they make a year? Thanks in advance. Always looking for Bobby Valentine game used equipment. krisanterry@comcast.net

Swoboda4
09-28-2015, 09:59 PM
The seller is good. But emphasis on "Possibly" in his description. I bought an Endy Chavez from them and when I got it I noticed that the name on the back didn't align properly with the number "10". So it was probably issued and not used. There are two threads on this topic and basically some people got lucky with getting a game used jersey and some did not. The price is right so as always homework has to be done.

sox83cubs84
09-29-2015, 12:30 PM
I just purchased a 2000 Met jersey. It was listed as game issued, possibly game worn. It is tagged as set 1, how many set 1's do they make a year? Thanks in advance. Always looking for Bobby Valentine game used equipment. krisanterry@comcast.net

When you look at Rawlings flag tags from the doubleknit era, the set number on those flag tags is an indicator of when the jersey was ordered, not necessarily the set number in its normal role. Set 1 jerseys are predominant, as that reflects being in the team's original order for the season. Set 2 jerseys are those ordered during the season. The only set 3 flag tagged jerseys I've ever seen in Rawlings are Texas Rangers jerseys markedted individually by A-Roid, Raffy Roids, and Pudge Rodriguez. These jerseys are questionable in many cases as to being actually game used.

Dave Miedema