Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

October Pickups

Some of you may recall last month that I showed the jersey's that the NYPL Aberdeen Ironbirds were wearing on 09/02 to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Cal Ripken Jr. surpassing Lou Gehrig for the most consecutive games played.

They held a silent auction during the game for the jerseys worn that evening and I targeted the jersey of hitting coach Calvin Pickering, because he was the only person in uniform who actually was a teammate of Cal Ripken. Not to mention at size 54, this is easily the largest jersey I own.

After washing them and having Cal sign them all, it finally arrived yesterday:

• crisco511
    • Sep 2014

Re: October Pickups

Nice

Comment

• BVC
      • Feb 2014

Nelson Cruz HR #42
      Attached Files

Comment

• gorilla777
        • Aug 2009

'02 Adrian Beltre jersey - from one of the shirt off their backs programs thru the Dodgers Dream Foundation
        Attached Files

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

NY Yankees Greg Birds 6th career home run baseball. Was a 2 run homerun(drove in a-rod), hit 440 feet at the trop.
          Attached Files

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
            • Dec 2009

Many thanks to fellow forum member Adam for selling me this autographed Max Unger game used jersey. This is my very first NFL jersey. The only reason that I bought it is because I used to watch Max play high school football here in Hawaii.

I believe that the jersey is from 2011.

sigpic

Comment

• seanbaseball
              • Aug 2014

Wainwright game worn 2015 jersey. Worn for a couple home starts before he was injured.
              Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Grabbed baseball #1808, a BP baseball from the Royals at the Sox-KC game at the Cell. The ball rolled near me and stuck under the padding in the wall...easy as pie. I'd like to hit 1810 by season's end...that'll mean having a good evening tomorrow night as the Sox host Detroit.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• TBM
                  • Aug 2015

Dave,

Holy cow. Ive been lucky to get 15 or so game balls, including minor league, and most of those I have bought. Only one is a BP ball, the only one I have been able to snag. Guess I have a long way to go to catch up with you. Hope you get those last two ball this year. Do you have any pictures of your wall of balls? I would love to see how you display all of those.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by TBM
                    Dave,

Holy cow. Ive been lucky to get 15 or so game balls, including minor league, and most of those I have bought. Only one is a BP ball, the only one I have been able to snag. Guess I have a long way to go to catch up with you. Hope you get those last two ball this year. Do you have any pictures of your wall of balls? I would love to see how you display all of those.
                    I don't have a "wall of Balls", and generally only keep the ones from games, unless it's a milestone ball (like #1800 was). If you've been to the www.ballhawk.net site run by GUU member Dave Davison, he has a great Wall of Balls picture from his catches on the site.

Dave M.

Comment

• gorilla777
                      • Aug 2009

Adrian Beltre early LA Dodger bats:
                      '99-'00 signed LVS
                      '02 signed Rawlings - they both have interesting detail added on knobs
                      '98 LVS Rookie
                      '02 Rawlings
                      '00-'01 LVS
                      Attached Files

Comment

• gorilla777
                        • Aug 2009

'38-'39 Jimmie Foxx GU bat:

(MVP/Batting Title Year and MVP Runner Up Year)

This is my favorite pick up of late, a bat with great use, clear stampings and a really nice patina.
                        "The Beast" played in the shadow of Ruth and Gehrig in the AL to some extent, though putting up massive numbers, especially in this 10+ year run he had with the Philadelphia A's and then in Boston. He used this bat with the Red Sox in back-to-back incredible seasons, without a ton of protection in '38 especially.
                        In 1938, he won MVP, hitting .349 with 50 Home Runs and 175 RBIs, winning the batting title and leading the league in RBIs. (but not in HRs?) He also led the league in each slash line category - .462 OBP/.704 Slugging %/1.166 OPS.
                        In 1939, he finished 2nd in the MVP voting, though playing only 124 games, batting .360, leading league with 35 Home Runs, knocked in 105 runs. He again led the league in On Base % at .464/ Slugging % .694/ OPS of 1.158.
                        A big thank you to my frend for connecting me on the deal and the owner for allowing me to pick up this fantastic bat.

Ben
                        Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by gorilla777

This is my favorite pick up of late, a bat with great use, clear stampings and a really nice patina.
                          "The Beast" played in the shadow of Ruth and Gehrig in the AL to some extent, though putting up massive numbers, especially in this 10+ year run he had with the Philadelphia A's and then in Boston. He used this bat with the Red Sox in back-to-back incredible seasons, without a ton of protection in '38 especially.
                          In 1938, he won MVP, hitting .349 with 50 Home Runs and 175 RBIs, winning the batting title and leading the league in RBIs. (but not in HRs?) He also led the league in each slash line category - .462 OBP/.704 Slugging %/1.166 OPS.
                          In 1939, he finished 2nd in the MVP voting, though playing only 124 games, batting .360, leading league with 35 Home Runs, knocked in 105 runs. He again led the league in On Base % at .464/ Slugging % .694/ OPS of 1.158.
                          A big thank you to my frend for connecting me on the deal and the owner for allowing me to pick up this fantastic bat.

Ben
                          Jimmie Foxx....simply AMAZING! You've done it again, Ben!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• admin_old

Originally posted by gorilla777

Ben
                            Wow. That's awesome Ben!

Comment

• seanbaseball
                              • Aug 2014

Foxx bat=WOW!

Comment

Working...