Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fixter
    • Feb 2006

Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

I saw this auction in my email this morning but once I actually went to the item it doesn't "look right." It looks an awful lot like a store model jersey I already have a few of and the tagging is nothing like the known authentic '83 jersey that I have. The starting price alone made me pause but I do love finding deals on the real thing so I thought I would see what you guys thought.

Thanks in advance!
    Chris
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

It looks to be a salesman's sample designed to get the nod on the 1-year Rangers red style. The gamers in that color (and the blue version) were manufactured by Wilson. Rawlings only made the home whites that year.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• ndevlin
      • Mar 2008

Re: Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

Going based off of memory, I believe they should have the year inside the collar also.

80's Rangers jerseys are some of my favorites.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ndevlin
        Going based off of memory, I believe they should have the year inside the collar also.

80's Rangers jerseys are some of my favorites.
        Year and set number in the collar under the Wilson tag.

I do like the red and blue jerseys, and the home whites have a nice, clean, traditional look, as well.

Dave M.

Comment

• flaco1801
          • Nov 2005

That Rawlings tag aint stiched all the way round

Comment

Working...