PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady 2002 jersey from Mears auction

MichaelofSF
10-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Hello everyone,
Mears currently has a "2002 Tom Brady New England Patriots Game Worn Alternate Jersey (MEARS LOA)" up for auction. link here (http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/2002_Tom_Brady_New_England_Patriots_Game_Worn_Alte-LOT91236.aspx#).

according to their description: "The placement of the front 12 is very consistent with respect to placement when compared to the holes of the mesh body shell. After several hours of scouring for available images, MEARS could not find a definitive photo match. There was nothing in our research which preluded this from being the shirt from the game. Additionally, this is the 2nd exammple of a 2002 Tom Brady Thanksgiving Day Throwback entering the hobby. (82J0265) (82J0265)
"

I actually believe that there is photographic evidence from the mesh holes present that the jersey for auction is not the same jersey that is pictured in getty image 1797818 (http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/quarterback-tom-brady-of-the-new-england-patriots-looks-on-news-photo/1797818) that they have on the auction page.

I believe that the mesh holes are very very very close to what is pictured but not the same. I focused on the inner square on the upper part of the two. On the upper left corner of the inner square there, where the mesh holes intersect towards that corner are not exactly as pictured in the shot. On the Mears jersey there is a row that intersects close to the upper left corner on the inner square. On the game photo that same row of mesh holes intersects to the right by just a little. I could be wrong but that is the way my eyes see it.

In 2002 the Pats I believe only wore these throwbacks during the Lions game. Is it possible that Brady wore two jerseys? sure although I am not aware of him doing that. I just want to make potential bidders aware of this possible discrepancy. Anyway, I e-mailed Mears yesterday but have not heard anything back from them. Typically when I e-mail them possible discrepancies they remove the listings.

beachpetrol
10-28-2015, 08:06 PM
Did Mears get back to you on this jersey? If so, what did they say?

MichaelofSF
11-13-2015, 06:44 PM
no, I didn't hear anything back