PDA

View Full Version : Amazin' Memorabilia, Citi Field at NLCS

Swoboda4
10-18-2015, 01:47 AM
A funny thing happen on the way to the Promenade Level at Citi Field before game 1 of the NLCS. I stopped by the Amazin' Memorabilia store and inquired if they had any Daniel Murphy game used jerseys. Rep Tom Jordan said they currently had two (home white from Scherzer no-hitter, and camo jersey from win against Phils 8/31.) I took both after Tom worked with me on a price. I then go to my seat and Murphy proceeds to crack yet another home run. Murphy stock currently rising. The store is well stocked (especially jerseys) with current items and I just can't stop from going in even just to look around.

yanks12025
10-18-2015, 05:45 AM
How were the prices on the bats? Any good ones.

Swoboda4
10-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Bats go from $50 ("commons") to over 1K. Cuddyer's bat was $350 for example. The star bats are overpriced to what we're used to. I've seen the same bats there for months in the bin. Other item prices are very good especially the jerseys (but don't expect to get a Wright jersey for less than $1,200). The MLB auction (site attached to MLB.com/shop) that they feed is a good place to get a bat (or jersey) at a low price but I've seen that place now get busier and more competitive as the Mets go further this year (de Grom 's jersey from game 1 and 2 of NLCS is currently $6,000 at the online MLB auction). G/U balls are $49. Common jerseys are $50. It depends on the rep that's there that game, but a deal can be worked out, but not that much to your advantage. If you bundle items you'll do well (Thank you Tom). The thing is the items are current to this season and postseason with a comfort level that's not a question. Check out their Twitter page @Metsmemorabilia. Photo below is Mets 2015 NLCS jerseys from last night's (10/17/) game one being stickered by MLB authenticator.

Swoboda4
10-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Correction: deGrom's jersey from "NLDS" game 1 and 2 (not NLCS), is currently $6,000+ at MLB.com/auctions.

shafrancollectibles.com
10-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Cool jerseys. However, didn't the Mets wear blue jerseys during the no-hitter?

Swoboda4
10-18-2015, 11:48 AM
shafrancollectibles.com thank you for catching that!! Amazin Memorabilia told me it was worn on Oct 3 during Scherzer's no-hitter. They were half right. It was the first game of a double header due to the rain out Friday. So instead of thinking there were no hits to the jersey, Murphy singled off Gio Gonzalez. And a decent photo match. And here I was ready to blame the sticker program. Thanks again.

shafrancollectibles.com
10-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Great jerseys to grab!

TigersCubs84
10-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Thanks for posting photos of the shop. Always interesting to see how different teams operate.

Swoboda4
10-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Tigerscubs84, it's one of those places you can't spend the proper time in because you're there for the game, so you're rushing. I think it's at the point where you can call and arrange to buy a jersey worn from an upcoming game. They said they would be open during the off season so I'm interested to see how that's going to work. The ball that Cespedes threw out the runner from game 1 is currently on auction; so between MLB auctions and the Mets it's non stop game used.

Swoboda4
10-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Today AmazinMemorabilia listed Daniel Murphy's blue home jersey worn in game 1 and 2 of the 2015 NLCS. The question is if they collected the jerseys and authenticated them after game 1 as the picture I posted from their twitter page showed, how can the exact same ones be used again in game 2. I called their number but got an answering machine. Do you think the Mets asked to use them again for luck? In the case of the Murphy jersey the authentication describes use in game 1+2.

sctizzle
10-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Probably was marked with DNA pen after game one and then checked for the dna mark after game 2 and then finalized and hologram added.

Swoboda4
10-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Sctizzle thanks. Being aware of this run the Mets and Murphy are on I thought for sure they would use separate jerseys for the same reason they change bases every three innings, demand and profit. I've never seen the bids/prices this high on non-HOF players before.

lakeerie92
10-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Sctizzle thanks. Being aware of this run the Mets and Murphy are on I thought for sure they would use separate jerseys for the same reason they change bases every three innings, demand and profit. I've never seen the bids/prices this high on non-HOF players before.

It is sometimes tough to predict events like this happening. The players have to have replacements and there can be some delay in getting them sometimes. They may not have had a replacement and with the Mets playing in the same jersey the next day the best they could do is get it covert marked until they could get a replacement in. That happened several times this season with Padres players.