PDA

View Full Version : Humbled

jon_8_us
01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
This Pats fan was just humbled by an awesome Peyton Manning performance.Congrats!Colts beat Bears big!
jon

mr.miracle
01-21-2007, 11:02 PM
This Pats fan was just humbled by an awesome Peyton Manning performance.Congrats!Colts beat Bears big!
jon

Jon:

Speaking as just a football fan who looked forward to watching a great game between two fantastic teams with no specific aligence to either of these teams, I can say that New England is one heck of an organization run well at every level just to be in this position over the past six years. You don't win three Super Bowls and get to AFC title games in another without being a great team especially with all the talent they have lost in the last few years. They had another great year despite this loss. Looks like it could be a very good super bowl with the Bears defense against the Colts offense.

camarokids
01-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I for one am very happy for Tony Dungy. As fas as Bill Bellicheck (however you spell it) for someone who won has 3 super bowls , I thought he looked like a poor sport at he end of the game . Wouldn't stop and talk to Peyton M. , walked right past him while Peyton tried to talk to him ..... food for thought .....

jon_8_us
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Yes i have to admit Belichick was quite gruff at the end of the game.He is such a competitive person that i'm sure he just wanted to scream so instead he resorted to one word answers and a blah attitude.Personality aside he still is one of the all time greats..
jon

camarokids
01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
jon,
you sure are right, the guy has won enough game and plus the three big ones:)!! him and Brady will be back......

scottanservitz
01-22-2007, 11:10 PM
From a fan of football, I root neither for the Pats or the Colts, but am a big fan of Manning and Corey Dillon, this was simply a game for the ages. I have played and coached football for many years. As a fan of the game, this one was great. Just as good as the Pats/Chargers from a week ago. How the Pats continually win with the losses of star players is beyond compare. Belichick is simply a football genius. One can't also really love seeing Manning not being able to watch the closing minutes and finally getting over that dreaded curse of finally beating the Pats in the playoffs. I hope he gets the Lombardi trophy which I think he rightly deserves for his never giving up attitude he has shown throughout his career. Tony Dungy also deserves it for what he has gone through in the past year. Congrats to the Bears for doing it with that defense, but I will be pulling for the Colts. By the way, Peyton's commercials are hysterical. Really seems like a cool guy for being a superstar and future Hall of Famer. Nice to see.
Scott

jessicawinters
01-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Humbled??? What the heck? The Pats were playing the COLTS and PEYTON MANNING. Were they just supposed to walk all over the Colts? Did the Colts have NO chance of winning at all? I'm perplexed to why you're so humbled. This is called football; you never know what's going to happen. Even the Texans beat the Colts.

Peyton finally did his job after how many chances now? Wow. I'm glad it was a humbling experience for you.

Reading that headline, I thought you had met God or something.

stkmtimo
01-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Humbled??? What the heck? The Pats were playing the COLTS and PEYTON MANNING. Were they just supposed to walk all over the Colts? Did the Colts have NO chance of winning at all? I'm perplexed to why you're so humbled. This is called football; you never know what's going to happen. Even the Texans beat the Colts.

Peyton finally did his job after how many chances now? Wow. I'm glad it was a humbling experience for you.

Reading that headline, I thought you had met God or something.

Considering Belichick and Brady are both playoff masters and Manning is known as the opposite, I could see how a Patriots fan would call the game humbling.

Tim

jon_8_us
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Considering Belichick and Brady are both playoff masters and Manning is known as the opposite, I could see how a Patriots fan would call the game humbling.

Tim

Thanks Stkmtimo truer words couldn't be spoken.As for the guy who doesn't understand...i'm pretty young and we are used to winning(all the time) around here.Especially in big games AND against the Colts.After touting the Pats as the next champs around here,yes i was humbled..
jon