PDA

View Full Version : Gu batting helmet vs cleats

Tigersrawsome
10-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Which do u prefer? Game worn cleats or game used batting helmets?

Desi
10-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Obviously there is no right or wrong answer, but I collect a lot of cleats. It was just easier for me to get from players and with the exclusivity of these cleats, they look pretty cool displayed. With the being said, I collect only Chicago teams, so I do have a some Cubs and White Sox helmets, and it kind of looks bland displayed. But either way, they all make nice additions to ones collection.

-Desi

teddy406
10-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Helmets. Much rarer than cleats. Players (baseball) go thru tons of cleats during a season. It's possible and probable that many players use the same (1) helmet the whole season-barring damage to it.

Chris78
10-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Helmets -- they are more associated to the team itself. Cleats are something that a player wears, but not normally related to the team. A negative about helmets though is that they can take up a lot space (not saying that cleats can't).

AutographAmy
10-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Helmets are rarer....cleats are easier to obtain. My collection includes many pair of cleats but no helmets from over 20 years of collecting. I wouldn't mind picking up a helmet or to.:p

TBM
10-21-2015, 10:18 PM
I have always wanted game used cleats but have not seen very many in my price range. On the other hand I've picked up my first three helmets this year. Two from 2015 All Star game and one from 2014 World Series. I like the helmets more but also want some cleats.

jake33
10-22-2015, 12:38 PM
I personally like a lot of personality in game used items....
For example a player's name embroidered on something to ID the player, that happens more with cleats.

However, it isn't close for me. .... Game used helmets, which often times can show a ton of use.