PDA

View Full Version : World Series Citi Field Parking $445 !?

Swoboda4
10-23-2015, 10:26 PM
While looking for World Series tickets on StubHub! I thought I was seeing things, but they were selling parking spots at CitiField's regular lots for around $400. Assume I just repeated this. So, if you're going, leave at 2PM to get into whatever lots are available.

gingi79
10-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Personally, I prefer to drive but the 7 train literally stops at the stadium. You walk down the stairs at less than 100 steps later you are at the ticket taker.

That means if you live in the five boroughs of NYC, a round trip subway Metrocard would cost you no more than $5.50! Taking the LIRR to Jamaica to make the switch to the 7 line Subway would cost me an additional $13.50. (Even if you lived all the way out at the end of Long Island in Montauk, the LIRR would be no more than $35)

So to recap: A family of fans can drive, fight endless lines of traffic and park for $445 ($111.25 each) or take the stress free subway/RR (and drink :D) for about $19 each.

godwulf
10-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Insane! I don't think I'd pay that kind of money to park if my own kid was in the game. :cool:

I guess it's pocket change to some folks, though - just something else to brag about. I was out at Salt River Fields Thursday night before an Arizona Fall League game, waiting for an autograph, and this tourist couple next to me was going on and on about the deluxe resort they're staying at, the amenities, the private lake, etc., all very obviously for the benefit of anyone within earshot.

I've only ever been to one World Series game - Game 2 in 2001 - and I dropped my car off at the parking garage, 2 blocks from the ballpark earlier in the day to take advantage of the $6 rate; later in the day it went all the way up to ten bucks.

Swoboda4
10-24-2015, 10:36 AM
The NLCS was $25 bucks at the lot under the highway near the marina. But I'm guessing people will arrive early, so if you leave at 5pm by car ( and think 3 hrs is enough time) you may be shut out at the main outside lots for this event.