PDA

View Full Version : Wine cork bat display method

Swoboda4
10-27-2015, 12:07 PM
While at a local restaurant I noticed that they hung an item on the wall by placing it between two wine corks. Well, you know where my mind went after that. I believe I have an inexpensive way to display a bat that I think looks good aside from the expensive glass enclosed wood cabinet (That I will one day buy).
Supplies: Phillips head screwdriver, 2 1/2 or, 3 inch dry wall screws, plastic wall anchors (flush in the wall to hold screw tight), and last but not least a wine cork (plastic cork works also). This has been a 2015 World Series tip of the day.

HawaiiSportsNut
10-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Cool idea. On the bonus side it'll give a great excuse to consume more wine. :rolleyes:

Cubman15
10-27-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm glad this wasn't a Sammy Sosa joke. 😃

Swoboda4
10-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Right about avoiding the corked bat joke. The initial title was," Cork bat display."

TigersCubs84
10-27-2015, 06:38 PM
I like that "tip of the day" angle. We should have a thread for "tip of the day".

esigs
10-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Very interesting! I saw an option at the Container Store that while not cheap, looks to be fairly easy to install.

The system consists of a track, which comes in 3 lengths - 32", 56" & 80" - and tool holders that are sold in pairs. These holders simply snap into the track, so all you need to do is screw the track to the wall & snap the holders. The large holder is 3.25" wide, and I think you could have 10 in the 32" track by having the two holders on either end stick out a little. This setup would cost just under $104 at regular prices before tax ($78 on sale), which is not cheap, but if you consider it equates to $10.40/bat, is not that expensive. It has a certain look that may not appeal to everyone, but I thought I'd share in case someone likes the look & the ease of installation.

Swoboda4
10-28-2015, 12:00 PM
esigs, I like the track. I like the way the tool holder perfectly holds the bat handle carefully, just the way the cork protects the wood when displayed. Now, I'm slightly disappointed with Saf-T-Guard's 2 piece AR02 acrylic bat holder (available on e-bay under seller "hobbysupply168" for $9.99 each). The curved edges are sharp so you have to sand the edges down as to not have them nick or scrape the bat. But I do like the clear look of them. They're not too big and I think I saw a thread where the Red Sox use them to display bats.

Swoboda4
10-29-2015, 08:12 AM
HVrenegades you are correct, Richard Hidalgo on top of cork bat display (Rob Deer on bottom). Does anybody else collect a player not from their home team?( sounds like a good thread).