Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdamico0758
    • Jan 2014

Minor league Bicentennial Bat Question

Does anyone know if Louisville Slugger issued Bicentennial bats to all the minor leagues in 1976? I recently picked up a bat of a player who never made it past single A ball. I was just wondering if minor league bicentennial bats are rarer then the Major League versions.
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Minor league Bicentennial Bat Question

Originally posted by cdamico0758
    Does anyone know if Louisville Slugger issued Bicentennial bats to all the minor leagues in 1976? I recently picked up a bat of a player who never made it past single A ball. I was just wondering if minor league bicentennial bats are rarer then the Major League versions.
    It's possible. I recall once seeing an H&B Bicentennial bat issused to current superagent Scott Boras, who played in the minors from 1974-77. Whie he rose to Double-A before calling it a career, he was in High A ball (Florida State League) in 1976.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

I have a BiCentennial bat used by Rich Dauer @ Rochester in 1976, so I suspect that all bats manufactured/issued that season had the Liberty Bell logo.

As far as a bat issued to player to have only reached A Ball, the only value would be perhaps to him and/or his family (regardless of whether every bat issued had the logo or not).

Comment

• soxbats
        • Dec 2005

Yes, H&B did manufacture bats with the bicentennial label for minor leaguers, I have seen a number of examples of this.

Soxbats at aol dot com
        Collecting Red Sox bats, still looking for Felix Mantilla, George Smith, Ken Poulsen, and Carmen Fanzone

Comment

Working...