PDA

View Full Version : Another story of greedy adult taking advantage of a kid.

sox83cubs84
10-27-2015, 08:26 PM
At last night's NFL game, Cardinals RB Chris Johnson scored a TD and proceeded to give the ball to a young kid in the front row. After the kid took the ball and Johnson turned away, an unidentified person knocked the ball out of the kid's hands, where an adult (not sure if the same person or a different one) came up with the ball and, despite many urgings, refused to give the kid his ball back.

The kid's dad posted the story on Facebook, and TV talk show host Montel Williams saw the post, after which he contacted the Cardinals.

The story had a good ending as the kid was given another football, this one signed by QB Carson Palmer, and was invited to come down on the field.

Too bad nobody outed the name of this cruel adult.

Dave Miedema

HawaiiSportsNut
10-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Cool story. I am glad that the kid got something at the end. Too bad someone didn't take a pic or video of the guy that took the ball & post it on social media.

I found a story on youtube by the kid. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TixiCuEfQ

tiger7171
10-28-2015, 10:38 AM
I would have asked for Patrick Peterson or honey badger auto football.

MLB~NUT
10-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Merica...

earlywynnfan
10-30-2015, 06:23 AM
Another day, another douche: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/terrible-man-at-penguins-game-steals-hockey-puck-from-small-child/ar-BBmB7Rg?li=BBieTUX

MReamer66
10-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Another day, another douche: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/terrible-man-at-penguins-game-steals-hockey-puck-from-small-child/ar-BBmB7Rg?li=BBieTUX

I saw this last night and it just makes me so angry. The look of disappointment on the kids face. The Pens tweeted they were on it, anyone know what they gave the kid?

swainer
10-30-2015, 11:51 AM
I watched the top video in the link and it shows a guy giving the kid a puck. Then later, the Pens mascot gives him a Crosby jersey. The final picture show the kid wearing the Crosby jersey and holding two pucks. Good for the Pens!

Peace!

John

vince182
10-30-2015, 05:33 PM
I saw this last night and it just makes me so angry. The look of disappointment on the kids face. The Pens tweeted they were on it, anyone know what they gave the kid?

Doesn't look like physically took it from the kid, just was caught it before the kid got there. Didn't look like it was intended for the kid either.

Seems like they made a big deal out of nothing. But good for the pens for hookin up the kid

johnsontravis@ymail.com
10-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Doesn't look like physically took it from the kid, just was caught it before the kid got there. Didn't look like it was intended for the kid either.

Seems like they made a big deal out of nothing. But good for the pens for hookin up the kid

That was 100% intended for that kid...it is horribly obvious. Moving past that even the puck snatcher knew that when he quickly slipped it in his pocket like nothing happened.

Chris78
10-31-2015, 07:36 AM

It was intended for the kid and the kid should have gotten it. However, how many pucks has this kid gotten at these games would be a better way of looking at it? A lot of times when pucks, baseballs, etc. are given away, the kid has gotten plenty of them already. We don't know in this scenario, but that is what I thought of when I saw this happen.