PDA

View Full Version : Time to panic?

MReamer66
10-28-2015, 02:28 PM
So I had been working out a deal for a jersey all last week. Finally after both of us were satisfied I paid for the item. He verified payment was received and said the item would ship that day(Friday). I received a messages from him later that day that he did not have a chance to get the item out but gave me more details about the item. I asked him a few times over the weekend if it had shipped and Monday morning I received a response. He told me he has been sick but it would go out later that day and he'd send me the tracking info. Well it's now Wednesday afternoon and I have not heard back from him and I have sent several messages and an email. I know he has a small store and sells a lot of items so I don't know why he'd want to scam me? I was going to give him until Friday until I started calling him relentlessly in case he really is sick.

I don't want to give out his name or the name of his collectible shop yet in case he's sick but I am beyond frustrated.

G1X
10-28-2015, 04:20 PM
It hasn't even been a week, so give the seller the benefit of the doubt that he is sick, or simply has not had time to make a trip to the post office. Unless the seller agree to ship it overnight, there is no guarantee that a Monday shipment will arrive by Wednesday. If shipped by UPS, delivery time depends on the zone. If mailed by Priority Mail, the 2-day delivery often stretches into 3 days or longer depending on where each of you are located, and depending on what time of day it was dropped off at the local post office. For example, the small post office I use does not guarantee the stated time frames for Priority Mail if I visit after a certain time in the afternoon.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS

ndevlin
10-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Agree with Mark. I think what most people don't understand or forget(just saying in general), is that people have lives, jobs, families. Or doesn't have a PO right down the street. When I buy something, I start to question the seller around 3 weeks if I haven't received it by then. If I sell something and the buyer emails me the next day asking for tracking and gets nasty with me, yeah, that doesn't go well with me. I just put them on my block list.

I'd give it a little longer.

beachpetrol
10-28-2015, 08:01 PM
If a seller promises to ship a package same day, he needs to do just that. And if he can't, he needs to find a family member or friend to do it. I'd call him and find out what the real story is.

MReamer66
10-28-2015, 08:51 PM
I'll give it a little longer. I never got nasty and I wouldn't worry if he didn't tell me twice it would ship that day and he'd send me a tracking number. Thanks for your input guys!

stlbats
11-01-2015, 09:08 PM
My opinion on shipping times is a little different. I think if a guy is going to list something for sale, he should be ready to ship it in a timely manner when it sells. I know if I sell an item, and the buyer has paid for it, I feel responsible to get it sent out the next day at least. I also always use Priority Mail or a 2-3 day service even if it costs a little more. The longer an item is in the mail, the better chance of something happening to it. Obviously things happen and understandably shipping can get delayed a day or two, but a week or two to me, is unacceptable.

I'm not saying time to panic or not, just my two cents.

Thanks

mad87man
11-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Give him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes things happen and their priorities change. If you don't hear from him just say hey sorry for bothering but its been a week and you said a day. As long as you are covered by paypal i wouldn't worry to much

MReamer66
11-05-2015, 06:34 PM
UPDATE

I received my item and the seller apologized for the delay due to illness. Thanks for all of the input