PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Warning-Member 'jockrock_ink'

pietraynor
01-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Woke up this morning to an email from PayPal reversing a $55 payment for a jersey Tom Koerber (Park Hills, Ky) bought on Jan. 2, w/no reason for reversal..Spoke to PayPal rep by phone, he advised buyer's bank reversed the charge stating it was purchased w/a stolen credit card..per info gathered thru ebay, he's purchased other gamers, just wanted to give people a heads up. Buyer left me positive feedback & I used Del. Conf. to track so I know it was delivered, but it was sent to unverified address so I'm out. Live & learn. Jay

ham1963
01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jay.

beavisrules
01-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Same thing happened to me with this buyer - I was notified today that they "reversed" the payment. Complete garbage - if it was a stolen credit card, then paypal should not have been able to charge the money in. If it was stolen and not reported, then the credit card holder is technically liable. It's a crime this guy got to charge with a bogus card and then keep the jerseys - I hope the authorities are aware of this and catch the jerk.

Jay, do what I did - I filed a non-paying buyer complaint to ebay since the charges were reversed and now he hasn't paid for the item - my guess is the crook won't respond, and if enough of us who got screwed over by his fraud do this, he'll get enough strikes from ebay to permanently suspend his account, so at least he can't do it to someone else. I also plan on contacting ebay's fraud department as well.

pietraynor
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Sorry your story is similar to mine..I'll file w/ ebay for non payment & go from there. Jay