Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Selling on eBay

How do you guys have any luck selling on eBay. Whenever I attempt to sell stuff, they always take FOREVER to NEVER to sell. And I'm willing to work on prices just to move the stuff. But my buy it now listings NEVER get views or watches. And if I start a auction off at 99 cents, they barely ever get bids for days and I don't feel like waiting till the last minute to see if any snipes show up(rarely happens).

So how do you get more interest in your items and actually sell them for a good price instead of dirt cheap.

Thanks
  • Stanley
    • Jul 2015

Re: Selling on eBay

Can you share a few of your titles for your listing? Let's start there.

Comment

• SEAFAN76
      • Jan 2015

How do I get interest? I sell things that people are interested IN?

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by SEAFAN76
        How do I get interest? I sell things that people are interested IN?
        Oh you're 100% right. I guess ZERO people in this hobby have interest in Nolan Arenado, Luis Severino, Aaron Judge items. Or a hall of fame professional model bat that mears sold one just like it for over $900, yet on eBay people don't even care about mine and him asking under $500.

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
          • May 2015

Is this just a sneaky way to try and sell your items through this forum?

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Juicyfruit66
            Is this just a sneaky way to try and sell your items through this forum?
            No it's not at all. I thought I could get advice from other people on this forum on how they're successful in selling on eBay but instead I get comments like yours and the other person saying they only sell items that interest people. So obviously I will respond to them with a general idea of the items I have listed.

I didn't promote my items or put my titles as the one person requested because that would be breaking the forum rules. All I wanted was advice on how to get more views and watchers and obviously how to sell things faster.

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
              • Dec 2013

What exactly is no interest or no views? I feel like even my garbage no name player items get a good amount of clicks. Nothing crazy, but it gets views.

Are you including the team name in your listing? I usually just search something like "brewers game used" when looking for stuff. If you just put "Alex Rodriguez game used"A LOT will never see it. Also game worn usually isn't a great title use. Game used is more general and everyone will typically see that. So put "Alex Rodriquez Yankees Game Used" as a title over other things. Some people also add the word worn if need be.

Outside of that I can't see why you aren't getting reasonable views

Comment

• Stanley
                • Jul 2015

Ok so I asked you for a few titles of your stuff.
                A lot of people title there merchandise wrong.
                You said "Or a hall of fame professional model bat that mears sold one just like it for over $900"
                So I look up "Hall of Fame Professional Model Bat" ...Your bat does not come up on ebay.
                You have to make your title very broad so more people will see it. Then in the description you can tell them what you have in detail.
                I don't sell Baseball gear, but I have sold gun parts on there for 10 years. I'm trying to help.

Comment

• TigersCubs84
                  • Feb 2015

I don't sell, but if the issue is as you described, just copy or use the title of the HOF bat that sold. Just sub in the name of your bat, etc. Also, do you include pics of the knob, etc. For example, if there is no knob pic, a lot of times that's a deal breaker for me. Pics of any certs? Include Authentication info. I assume you do, but anyway, hope this may help.

Comment

• Bhawk2
                    • Jan 2014

You want to accomplish 2 things with your listing: get the prospective buyer to find the listing in their search, and then get them to click on the listing.

To get the listing to come up, you have to use the title (and the description) to make sure that potential buyers will find your item in their search. Make sure the listing is in the right category (always use the game used category if it's game used). Use plenty of good keywords in the title (player, team city and nickname, authenticator, etc) since a lot of searches are only run on titles. You can use the description to cram in other keywords as well as giving the best description of your item that you can make.

Then, make sure your listing photo is clear and attractive. The picture is going to get you to second base (or not). An ugly, blurry photo may not prevent someone from opening your listing but certainly won't help, and won't help make the sale.

Comment

• FastLane80
                      • Aug 2008

Good advice so far. I agree with key words and please check your spelling. I've picked up some deals because people have listed a "Dogers" bat.

My keys to successful selling have been pricing the item right and patience. Look at eBay sold prices, recent auction house prices and try to find a price somewhere in the middle. As a collector, it's a huge turnoff when I sort through hundreds of game used bat cards and find a quality piece only to see it overpriced. If you want to move it, have reasonable expectations. Pricing auctions starting at $.99 has back fired on me but I usually gain a larger audience which can and has worked in my favor.

On the other hand, I have intentionally overpriced certain items and have eventually sold them. Example: I had a beautiful Brett Butler bat that I needed to part with due to an out-of-state move (long story). I priced it at what I thought was high but fair. After re-listing it 3-4 times, lightning struck and it ended up in a bidding war and sold for substantially more than what I listed it for.

Going into an eBay auction thinking you will get top dollar is likely going to end in disappointment. You may be able to get it but it'll likely take some time and some luck.

Comment

• ndevlin
                        • Mar 2008

Typically when people see an item on eBay or an auction site sell, and then see the same item listed again for double or triple the money, people won't buy it. Their thought, and mine too-- "Now why would I buy it for $600 now when I could've bought it 2 weeks ago for $150".

Comment

• Stanley
                          • Jul 2015

ndevin....What a strange thing to say...Nov. 2005 Gold was at $500 a ounce. In 2010 it was $1800...

Comment

• ndevlin
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Stanley
                            ndevin....What a strange thing to say...Nov. 2005 Gold was at $500 a ounce. In 2010 it was $1800...
                            Do what now?

Comment

• Mattapan03
                              • Mar 2010

I think the problem you might be facing is ebay itself. Ebay isnt a place I would look towards to get good value for your items. I might go the route of an auction house.

People on ebay are hawkeyeing for a deal, hence your comments of the last minute snipers. I'm limited in the items I sell on ebay to just random junk here and there....nothing of great value (or at least what I dont consider great value). Occasionally you'll get lucky and get someone ready to pay top dollar, but that rarely happens anymore.

Comment

Working...