PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pre 1980's league & team memorabilia

ekobak
11-05-2015, 04:44 AM
Hi collectors!

I am a long time sports memorabilia collector since 1965. I used to be a columnist for Sports Collector's Digest back in the early 80's and once in awhile still write an article for them.

I am looking for old sports league & team publications such as programs, guides, yearbooks, team photos, pennants, pockets schedules, etc. Also uniform tops/jerseys.

I know Ebay is out there but I have done so much between personal collectors for years.

Lacrosse: I love the old 1974 & 1975 original Nat Lacrosse league. anything? There was also the American Lacrosse League of maybe 1983? 6 teams/outdoor league.

Soccer: The ASL (amer soccer League) of the 1970's and earlier. Also from soccer the USA and NPSL of 1967 and the ISL of the early 60's.

Pro & semipro football from the 1970's and earlier. ACFL, orig. UFL or 1960's, Texas FL, Continental, PFLA, Seaboard, Central States League (CSFL) later the NSFL and others.

Pro Football from the AAFC of the 1940's (I have their league manuals). old AFL of the 1930's & 40's on the east coast and the Pacific Coast Pro FB League of the 40's out west.

Basketball: ABA (have all their guides-need other items), Eastern Basketball League/Assn., ABL of 61-63. Other minor leagues such as the Western BA of 78-79 and others (don't need the CBA, I was the GM for the Lancaster team for 2 yrs and have lots of CBA stuff). Also NBL/BAA of the 40's. Negro basketball.

Hockey: I love the old minors. WHL/PCHL, IHL, CHL, EHL, SHL, PHL, some NAHL (have most), early AHL & IAHL, Can-Am league and others. pre 1980's back to the 30's/20's. I even collect their official pucks.

Looking for a WHA New Jersey Knights/Crosby Sporting Goods Co puck. other oddball WHA (Have all their guides) tho I do need schedules. Some team issue card/postcard sets.

I rarely collect minor league baseball other than defunct league record books from 60's and before. I do collect Negro baseball (original not retro).

Roller Derby-pre 1980's.

Pro team Bowling of early 1960's.

Pro team Rodeo of late 70's.

IVA Pro Volleyball of 70's.

other oddball leagues/sports.

I also collect bobbing head dolls of the 1960's. I need a Portland Buckaroos hockey. hawaii islanders baseball. Also, non sports.

I collect non sport card sets from the 60;s.

Diecast toys of the 1960's and earlier. Lesney/Matchbox, Dinky, Corgi/Husky, Budgie, Fun Ho! (New Zealand) and others. Need some of their dealer and retail catalogs, other paper items.

thanks!

ed kobak

ekobak@yahoo.com