PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NFL footballs ref Jeff Triplette

yanks12025
11-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Does anyone have an example of how referee Jeff Triplette marked footballs in 2014. I saw an old thread from years ago and it showed him doing JT. Then a 2015 Seattle ball(but sold by the person who fakes tons of balls) and it had his number 42.

I picked up a salute the service Browns ball. The seller received it from a friend last November. The ball was made August of 2013, so I believe it was carried over and used in last years salute game. Because looking at gettyimage it has the same markings that the footballs in the photos and of other footballs sold by fantastics(JM and a T wrote on the laces).

I think JM could be one of the equipment people for the Browns(same initials) and I think maybe the T could be the referee mark for Jeff Triplette. He was the ref for the Browns vs Bengals game. The ball has no other markings. Now I found 3 balls from the Falcons vs Browns game couple weeks later that were sold by fanatics. All three look to have the JM marks but only one has the T and they all have the referee mark from the falcons game.

So I'm thinking maybe the browns carried over acouple footballs thru out the salute to service games.

Any thoughts.... thanks

TigersCubs84
11-10-2015, 08:16 PM
That's a pretty cool football.

punter96
11-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Is there a thread on the person faking game used footballs?

yanks12025
11-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Is there a thread on the person faking game used footballs?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=65692&highlight=game+football

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=65828&highlight=saints+ball

punter96
11-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks Yanks...I've been watching some of their auctions.

Dawg Pound
11-11-2015, 09:24 PM
JM is the initials of the browns assistant equipment manager. Joe Haden handed my son a ball before a game this season. Its marked by JM but there is not a referee marking.

I have about 10 browns game used balls all bought through the Cleveland Browns. 3 of them have the JM initials on the them.

yanks12025
11-12-2015, 02:52 PM
JM is the initials of the browns assistant equipment manager. Joe Haden handed my son a ball before a game this season. Its marked by JM but there is not a referee marking.

I have about 10 browns game used balls all bought through the Cleveland Browns. 3 of them have the JM initials on the them.

Thanks for the info. So I think that pretty much proves my theory that the T is the referee mark then.