PDA

View Full Version : Question for Rob Steinmetz-Albert Pujols game worn glove

gameused
01-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Rob,

Did you sell your photo matched Albert Pujols 3rd base glove from the 2002 NLDS? I just noticed this Pujols glove that ended on ebay and the guys says it comes with your COA.

I noticed that the number 57 written in silver on the ebay glove is a lot darker. When you posted photos of your glove the number 57 was faded, It looks to be the same glove except the for the number 57.

Best regards, Bobby

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-GAME-WORN-FIELD-GLOVE-FROM-2002-NLCS_W0QQitemZ160070746651QQihZ006QQcategoryZ50117 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RobSteinmetz
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Bobby,

I did sell the 2002 glove, and the one on eBay was the same glove. I can't explain why the "57" looks darker in the photo, but I have recently seen the glove in person and I can tell you that it's in the same condition it was when I originally sold it.

3arod13
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Rob,

Did you sell your photo matched Albert Pujols 3rd base glove from the 2002 NLDS? I just noticed this Pujols glove that ended on ebay and the guys says it comes with your COA.

I noticed that the number 57 written in silver on the ebay glove is a lot darker. When you posted photos of your glove the number 57 was faded, It looks to be the same glove except the for the number 57.

Best regards, Bobby

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-GAME-WORN-FIELD-GLOVE-FROM-2002-NLCS_W0QQitemZ160070746651QQihZ006QQcategoryZ50117 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ouch! Someone definately traced over the 57 to make it darker to match the photo. I know why someone would consider doing that, however, very dumb! Ouch!!

RobSteinmetz
01-24-2007, 10:50 AM
3arod13,

As previously stated, I was the original owner of the glove and sold it to the individual who posted it on eBay (well over a year ago). I saw the glove again last week, and I can tell you with certainty that the "57" was NOT traced over, darkened, or tampered with in any way, shape, or form.

The photo where the "57" appears darker is not an accurate depiction of how the glove actually looks. In fact, I personally took the two photos with the tan background. Those photos were taken standing directly above the glove, with a full flash. The other photo (in the leather chair/couch) was taken by the individual who posted it on eBay. Lighting, flash, camera, angle, etc. all could play a role in why the "57" looks darker in his photo than it does in mine.

hblakewolf
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Rob-
For what it's worth.....

I've had a few game used gloves and bats that have had this same type of "white grease pen" used to identify the players number. It seems that over a short period of time, the ink/grease pencil fades.

When comparing the photo of Albert to the photos of the glove, it indeed looks like there may have been some of the same fading issues. Regardless, someone has an opportunity to purchase a great photo matched Pujols glove.

Just my thoughts.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

RobSteinmetz
01-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Howard,

Thanks for the post. The fact is, the "57" on this glove faded considerably between the time the 2002 NLDS ended and the time I obtained the glove - which was sometime in early 2004. The point I'm trying to make is that the "57" has NOT been darkened in or tampered with, as others are suggesting. Bobby posted three photos, two taken by me and one taken by the individual I sold the glove to....and the "57" does look darker in the photo I didn't take. However, I recently reexamined the glove for it's current owner, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has NOT been tampered with.

3arod13
01-24-2007, 11:17 AM
3arod13,

As previously stated, I was the original owner of the glove and sold it to the individual who posted it on eBay (well over a year ago). I saw the glove again last week, and I can tell you with certainty that the "57" was NOT traced over, darkened, or tampered with in any way, shape, or form.

The photo where the "57" appears darker is not an accurate depiction of how the glove actually looks. In fact, I personally took the two photos with the tan background. Those photos were taken standing directly above the glove, with a full flash. The other photo (in the leather chair/couch) was taken by the individual who posted it on eBay. Lighting, flash, camera, angle, etc. all could play a role in why the "57" looks darker in his photo than it does in mine.

Rob, understand. My comments were only based on looking at the two photo's and the significant difference. As I stated in one of my other posts, something things don't look as they seem. Sorry if you felt I was questioning the glove.

3arod13
01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Rob, understand. My comments were only based on looking at the two photo's and the significant difference. As I stated in one of my other posts, something things don't look as they seem. Sorry if you felt I was questioning the glove.

Meant, "SOMETIMES things don't look as they seem."

rbalm
01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I am the current owner of this glove and it is exactly how Rob has described it on this thread. NO ONE has traced on it to make it darker. Time to end this thread.

Adam

CollectGU
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Adam,

Are you keeping the glove or re-selling it?

Thnaks,
Dave

rbalm
01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Dave,

Sorry, but this glove is being locked away into my collection.

Adam

gameused
01-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Bobby,

I did sell the 2002 glove, and the one on eBay was the same glove. I can't explain why the "57" looks darker in the photo, but I have recently seen the glove in person and I can tell you that it's in the same condition it was when I originally sold it.

Rob,

When you first posted pics of that glove and photo match I was blown away, thats a fine Albert Pujols glove, do you mind if I ask why you sold it? Do you still have the signed Albert Pujols first base mitt thats picured on your website?

Bobby

RobSteinmetz
01-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Bobby,

I sold the 2002 glove to cover the purchase of my 2005 first baseman's glove, which was purchased directly from Pujols. The first baseman's glove was his primary glove from his MVP season of 2005, and has been photo matched to numerous games, including an incredible match to the final game ever played at old Busch Stadium. There are several Nike gloves in the hobby, but only one game worn regular season Rawlings glove (there are two others, one unworn and another worn in Spring Training of 2004 only). That, combined with the fact that I have photos of Pujols signing and then handing me the glove, led me to the decision to move the 2002 glove. Can't keep it all (unfortunately).

gameused
01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Rob,

Would love to see pics of that 2005 glove.

Thanks, Bobby

camarokids
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Dave,

Sorry, but this glove is being locked away into my collection.

Adam

Hi Adam,
How about posting some pics of your collection . It would be interesting to see how your displaying your game used glove . I keep my collection displayed in the closet, keeps unwanted light off my signed baseballs (which is good) . I lost my sports room to the baby :).
Thanks,
David