PDA

View Full Version : 2005 World series game worn jersey

stasman
11-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Hi members..I haven't been on in a while...But I have a quick question...I recently purchased a 2005 White Sox Game Worn World series signed jersey. The Jersey is Joey Cora's and is signed by Cora with game used 05 WS...it has all the proper tagging and comes with a COA directly from Cora..Any idea its value? Its the grey road jersey and Set 1.....Im thinking this could have actually been his jersey from when they clinched game 4 in Houston....Thanks and happy holidays

salukidave
11-30-2015, 08:13 PM
It's hard to say definitively. That World Series is important to us Sox fans, but I don't recall a World Series jersey from your average coach ever going for much. A Sox white or gray World Series jersey is rare at this time because very few have entered the market in the past 10 years. That'll probably change slowly over time. For now, I'd estimate it's worth in the neighborhood of $300, maybe $400. I'd double that at least for any player.

stasman
12-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Yep. Being a die hard White Sox fan and experiencing the games, it's one of those things I couldn't pass up...I would think most of the players would keep their jerseys..so I figured they are very rare and to have one is a very cool conversation piece...I just recently picked up Konerko's tagged, signed and MLB authenticated 2014 Jackie Robinson game worn jersey. 👍👍

sox83cubs84
12-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that the White Sox added WS patches to a lot of jerseys, but only 2 styles (home pinstripe and road grey) were actually worn in the sweep. There are numerous vests and black alternates with patches that never were worn in the Series. I know this is not the case with the Cora, but something to remember if you pursue other 2005 Sox jerseys with the WS patch.

Dave M.

stasman
12-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Thanks Dave....good to know

stasman
12-07-2015, 10:34 AM