PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Sports Promotions?

Stanley
12-03-2015, 12:33 AM
Anyone ever work with Jeff at Johnson Sports Promotions out of Mesa AZ? He had a private signing on the 11th of Nov. with Salva Perez. I sent him 3 GU bats, and a GU jersey with the understanding that I would have them back in a week.

Well I've got nothing but excuses since the 18th of Nov.. Needless to say I'm getting a little worried. The last communication I got from him was on the 28th that said, FedEx had my items and they were on the way back to me. But when I ask for a tracking number, no response. I have FedEx insight were I can track packages coming to me without a tracking #, and I have no incoming packages....

Any members from Mesa AZ?

Phil316
12-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Maybe try giving them a call.

gaming
12-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Good luck, hopefully the items get to you. I hate to say this or cause worry, but you may want to search ebay and craigslist just to make sure they are not "on the market". Something doesn't seem right about it..

Stanley
12-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Yes calling him was my first thought. But after going over every inch of his website, no phone number. We have only communicated through email even though at one point before the deal, I did write that it would be easier to talk on the phone. But in today's world people seem to be scared to death to have a conversation with a live person.

From his website I found that he also runs a Dallas Sports Card show. The next one being on the 26th of Dec. at the Comfort Inn & Suites Plano, TX. The show before was on the Nov. 14th. at Southfork Hotel Plano, TX. My GU items arrived to him on the 10th of Nov..

This old Marine might be taking a plane ride.....

D-Wedge
12-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Try this number: (602) 490-0680

Stanley
12-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Thank you! Found that number last week. Been disconnected. ..

Samets
12-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Maybe try reaching out to Rich Klein? He also runs a show down there and may have some contact info?

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/author/rich-klein/

sportsnbikes
12-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I can shoot him a message. I've always had good dealings with him in the past. I know he did have a private signing with Salvy shortly after the World Series.

sportsnbikes
12-03-2015, 09:35 PM
And when you get those items back be sure to post them in the Salvador Perez Game Used thread!

sorklora
12-16-2015, 05:38 PM
He's a good dude and I talk to him all the time via Twitter and e-mail. Did you ever get your items back? I can reach out if you need me to. Just e-mail me at: nickdr13@gmail.com

I have purchased numerous items from him in the past and have had zero issues other than shipping may take a tad longer than I would have liked, but he's legit.

Juicyfruit66
12-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Any updates?

Stanley
12-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Yes... Took about two weeks + longer than promised, plus days with little or no contact. But I did get my GU gear back. Was signed with a dried out paint pen and sloppy, in a hurry signature for premium funds. Won't do that again. And one inscription was not done at all....

Phil316
12-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Yes... Took about two weeks + longer than promised, plus days with little or no contact. But I did get my GU gear back. Was signed with a dried out paint pen and sloppy, in a hurry signature for premium funds. Won't do that again. And one inscription was not done at all....

Oh man that sucks. I will make sure and never used or recommend that company.

gamer35
12-20-2015, 10:12 PM

If you were thinking of removing the signatures, I have used an excellent product which will remove the signature without impacting any of the use. Let me know if you are interested and I can pass the link along.

Juicyfruit66
12-21-2015, 02:52 AM
Olive oil worker great removing silver auto from my Guerrero bat...(if you read my post about it, I'd like to forget I ever did it). But olive oil worked like a charm