A new jersey added to my Cal Bears collection...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

A new jersey added to my Cal Bears collection...

Today I had the pleasure of receiving a game worn jersey from current Chicago White Sox pitcher Erik Johnson. He's a young man I know from Cal-Berkeley where I work and where he pitched and is currently working towards completing his degree. This semester he's finishing up his senior thesis under the supervision of an instructor in our department. I emailed him after he was called up and asked if I could have a game jersey after the season ended for my Cal Bears collection and today he brought it by my office. He's a nice young man and I hope he can continue to build off the solid September he had this past season.

I photomatched the jersey to his start on Sept. 6, 2015 when he defeated the eventual WS champion Royals and more importantly avoided serious injury when he was able to deflect a broken bat that came at him. See video link...

Coverage includes audio and video clips, interviews, statistics, schedules and exclusive stories.
    Attached Files
    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com
  • Samets
    • Apr 2012

Re: A new jersey added to my Cal Bears collection...

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

a very kind gesture on his part....it's funny but whenever I see a White Sox jersey with a #45, I think of one time ChiSox hopeful, Michael Jordan...

Comment

• G1X
        • Nov 2005

Nice pickup, Dewey!!!

Mark Hayne

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Nice Jersey, Dewey!

Comment

Working...