PDA

View Full Version : Orioles Fanfest 2015

thomaslynch
12-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Just curious if anybody got anything good at the Orioles fanfest this year? I managed to pick up a couple of bats from the memorabilia store. They had a bunch of bats where the player model didn't match who they were authenticated to. For instance, they had a Machado game bat that was authenticated to Flaherty. I took a chance on an Erick Aybar bat that had Manny's #13 sticker on the end and an Adam Jones bat that had Schoop's #6 sticker on the end. The Aybar was MLB authenticated to Machado and the Jones was MLB authenticated to Schoop. These were just $100 each. This is my first Machado game used item! Even photo matched it from the game it was authenticated to. My brother picked up some issued jerseys of Wieters, Davis, Cruz (post season). All of these looked new and not used - they were $200 each except Cruz who was $150. He also got 2 Markakis jerseys that were really worn and authenticated as game used for $150 each. I'm going to try and get him to sell me one of the Kakes jerseys.

Oriolesfan29
12-13-2015, 04:15 PM
I ended up getting some decent stuff at fan fest this year! I got:

2014 Game Used and Autographed Andrew Miller Jersey w/ 60th Ann Patch
2015 Henry Urrutia Game Used Jersey
2015 Christian Walker Game Used Jersey
2015 Brad Brach Game Used Hat that I got signed with my Schoop autograph voucher

I'll try and post pics later.

Thomas, if you are ever interested in selling the Schoop bat let me know,
I am a huge collector of his. Email is bigp4229@yahoo.com. Thanks!

ironmanfan
12-13-2015, 05:41 PM
My son, daughter & myself had a great time and I picked up a few things with the highlights being:

Nick Markakis Max used bat
Chris Davis LS bat authenticated to being used & cracked by Mark Buehrle on 06/20 of this year ($150)

My favorite item was the Orioles dugout lineup card from 09/01/15 game vs Tampa which happened to be the game the Orioles recognized the 20th Anniversary of Cal Ripken Jr. breaking Gehrig's record....I'll have Cal sign & inscribe it and will post pictures then...

Bill

Chris78
12-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Did not go this year and it was a very tough decision. I saw that if I attended and bought the two Jim Palmer sessions I would normally buy, Zach Britton must have cancelled because he was scheduled in one of them. For their free promo line, did they give away any bobbleheads this year? It appeared they may have based on a photo I saw on the Orioles Facebook page.

I decided to do the much longer drive to Pittsburgh this year for Piratefest since I wanted to get Bill Mazeroski and Dave Parker. I do not believe Mazeroski has been at Piratefest since 2010 and Jim Palmer seems to be at the Orioles Fanfest every year. The Pirates pricing for game used is too high although I did buy some lineup cards that were marked $25 before tax. It sounded like the Orioles Fanfest would have been better for game used and also for the free promo stuff.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my question in the first paragraph.

Chris

ironmanfan
12-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Did not go this year and it was a very tough decision. I saw that if I attended and bought the two Jim Palmer sessions I would normally buy, Zach Britton must have cancelled because he was scheduled in one of them. For their free promo line, did they give away any bobbleheads this year? It appeared they may have based on a photo I saw on the Orioles Facebook page.

I decided to do the much longer drive to Pittsburgh this year for Piratefest since I wanted to get Bill Mazeroski and Dave Parker. I do not believe Mazeroski has been at Piratefest since 2010 and Jim Palmer seems to be at the Orioles Fanfest every year. The Pirates pricing for game used is too high although I did buy some lineup cards that were marked $25 before tax. It sounded like the Orioles Fanfest would have been better for game used and also for the free promo stuff.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my question in the first paragraph.

Chris

Britton did cancel his appearance (wherever he was, he was snowed in)....They did give away a Bobblehead, however I couldn't tell you which one(s) they did however (the line for the giveways was very long)...

Oriolesfan29
12-13-2015, 06:34 PM
The bobblehead was a Steve Pearce one. The lines were indeed crazy. My wife waited for 45 minutes to get through

thomaslynch
12-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Wish I had seen the Chris Davis bat and the game used Miller jersey. Nice pick ups!!!

Seemed like some better items this year versus last couple. Only limited quantities of the good stuff with the bulk of the jerseys being mediocre at best. They still had a lot left at the end. Did manage to get an Alexi Casilla game used authenticated jersey with Post season patch from ALDS game 1 for $40 at closing. Not a great name, but a cool jersey for the price.

mr.miracle
12-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Went to Fan Fest this year with only one goal to get a couple of Brady Anderson game bats signed. Brady did not sign last year so I was able to take advantage of him signing this year. He inspected the bats and asked where I got them. I told them from a buddy who worked for the team while he was playing. He signed both handed one to Nolan Reimold sitting next to him and explained to Nolan how he used to use tape rings on the handles of some of his bats and was showing him the rings on the handle. Reimold actually was getting ready to sign the bat when Brady said no don't sign that it's my bat as I was actually about to jump in to stop him as well. He said jokingly how these folks have all my bats to both Reimold and Dylan Bundy.

The crowd this year was literally half that of recent years probably a combination of moving it back into December this year from late January/early February and I heard a bunch of negative comments about Manny not being there this year as well as the obvious loss of Davis at least to this point. Although that being said, it was very nice to be able to move through the Convention Center and tour the Clubhouses without fighting massive lines at every turn. Last 2 years you could barely breathe in there.

Chris78
12-13-2015, 10:22 PM
I was going to ask about attendance. I am not surprised that it was down as both the Nationals and Pirates had their fanfests on Saturday as well. I was someone not at the Orioles one as a result that was there the last two years, and heard a few people in Pittsburgh say about the fanfest conflict.

Based on what you guys are saying, I would have liked to be at two places at once (Orioles/Pirates). For $40, I would have bought the Casilla jersey.....

mr.miracle
12-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Attendance was announced at 11,500 roughly. I believe in the two previous years it cleared 20,000 possibly as high as 23,000 last year.

Thinking
12-17-2015, 10:20 AM
For you guys that got the name items (like the Davis bat for $150 -- wow, great pick up), did you get there really early? (Meaning first 250 or so in the door)?

Just curious as I didn't even bother going to authentics area since I have my 10 year old with me and didn't think she would be able to handle the mob in that area.

On the question of the free promo items, that was pretty disappointing. We tried the line 3 times between 9:45am and 1pm and during that entire time they gave away the Pearce bobblehead (also gave you Gonzo tee shirt, some magazines, a yearbook and a rally towel (kids got the Tillman growth chart instead of a bobblehead). They did much better two years ago when I last went --- there they seemed to mix up the items every hour or so, which made it worth getting back in the line again. Was really hoping they would have been giving away some buck nomes and the oriole bird bobble. Maybe they did later but for most of it all they had was the Pearce bobblehead.

Did have an auto pass for Buck which was good -- got some nice photos of him and my daughter talking.

ironmanfan
12-17-2015, 01:20 PM
I wasn't one of the first 250 or so in the front door; I probably walked in around 10:30 or so.....This year was nicer, since the Authentics area was on the first floor as opposed to one of the enclosed rooms upstairs (which would get real crowded..). They had two boxes of bats (one $100 box and one $150)...I looked through the bats, pulled out the Davis, saw it was hologrammed, so I ran the # and was happy to see that it was used in a game...I had my 13 year old daughter with me and I actually had her help me by holding items for me close by while I went through the other items (i.e. lineup cards, jerseys, etc.).

geoff
12-18-2015, 12:38 AM
My Pickups

Game Used Jerseys

Travis Snider

Jim Johnson Signed Game Used. MLB Authenticated

Hunter Harvey

Bud Norris Signed Game Used Postseason 2014 MLB Authenticated

Christian Walker

Ray Navarro

Jim Pressley Signed Game Used MLB Authenticated

Zach Phillips

Kevin Gausman. MLB Authenticated

8 Street Banners hung around city and Stadium

Nolan Reimold Game used hat. MLB Authenticated

Went to Sports Legends Museum sale and did very well there as well before I went to Orioles fanfest.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Always interested in trading for Orioles game used items. And A few of these jerseys and street banners will be available if anyone has any interest email me.