PDA

View Full Version : PSA/DNA Grading Letter vs. Authenticity Letter

Chris78
12-17-2015, 02:42 PM
What are your thoughts of the PSA/DNA letters that have the grading scale associated to them versus the letters that just state the item is genuine and have no grade? I would think that any valuable item in the 1980's or before it is worth having the letter. I would also think if the item is worth $500 or above it probably is worth having it.

Also, at what point do you frown upon a grade? Is a GU 7 acceptable? How about a GU 8?

Any thoughts are appreciated. I know that some of you might say about doing your own research, but that is not what I am looking for.

Chris

Stanley
12-17-2015, 07:44 PM
I think this is a very good question. And I would like hear from the guys that have been collecting for 20+ years...also the new guys like me that started a few years ago...
I collected Colt 1911's from the 1930's for 25 years and could tell you everything about prewar Colts. But this great baseball GU gear will keep you up more than one night....

TigersCubs84
12-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Grading of game used means nothing to me, but the oldest bat I have is around 1980. I buy what I see, not based on a grade. The real old items, it probably matters for resale. I think most buy what they like, favorite player, looks neat, lots of use/ tar, etc. If you go to sell later, or pass items down to family, then the resale comes into play for them if they end up selling. The grade may matter to a new buyer on older items, or any items with a bigger value.