PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox to retire ZBoggs #26 uniform

sox83cubs84
12-23-2015, 10:54 PM
The retirement ceremony will be on May 26. Makes sense...26 was his Bosox uniform number and May is the fifth month of the year (3B, his position, is "5" on the fielding scorecard number list). Reportedly, the current wearer of #26, Brock Holt, will switch to #12.

Dave Miedema

emann
12-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Only a decade or so late for 80's-era Red Sox fans . . . Seems like the Sox are trying to milk the number retiring every year now as opposed to the decades of ignoring it.

Chris78
12-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Only a decade or so late for 80's-era Red Sox fans . . . Seems like the Sox are trying to milk the number retiring every year now as opposed to the decades of ignoring it.

Better late than never, but yes, Wade Boggs should have had this honor a long time ago.

Just curious, how do Red Sox fans feel about Roger Clemens?

emann
12-25-2015, 06:49 PM
I was there when Clemens returned a few seasons ago. He got a handful of boos but mostly cheering.

Personally, I'd like to see Clemens have his number retired soon (unsure if they allow it without HOF induction; that might be the new stipulation) . . .

boggs3010
02-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Going to the game, cant wait should be a nice time in Boston. ( first time)

Justin_NL
02-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Going to the game, cant wait should be a nice time in Boston. ( first time)

Man, Boggs was my first "Fav player" as a kid.....

(Boggs/Clemens/ then Mike Greenwell)

Boggs was a GREAT hitter....loved him, he was boston... but i cant get out of my head him riding that G0d@mn horse around NY.... just cant re-fall-in-love with him again....