PDA

View Full Version : NBA Christmas Jerseys

joshmiller0
12-26-2015, 10:47 AM
A thread dedicated to the unique jerseys from Christmas. I always liked the snowflake patch, but since 2012 Adidas has been making special jerseys just for Christmas. So far, this year is probably my favorite.

These are my 2 game used jerseys.. orange from 2012 and nets from 2013

joshmiller0
12-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Pro cut nets jersey and my retail christmas jerseys... Every year I get Knicks and Nets... my two teams..

joshmiller0
12-26-2015, 10:49 AM
2014 and 2015

encinorick
12-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Does anyone one know when the NBA began using alternative jerseys for Christmas Day? It is my understanding that in 1999-00 (after the NBA players strike) the Lakers started a tradition of wearing white warm-ups before their Christmas games. Thereafter, the fans and Lakers liked the looked and it continued for a year or so, then they decided to wear white alternative uniforms for the Christmas game. Sometime afterward, they decided to wear white alternative warm-ups and uniforms on every Sunday home game. They also decided to use the "Snowflake" patch for Christmas day which the NBA now uses for all teams. Perhaps Dave has some thoughts.

joshmiller0
12-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Does anyone one know when the NBA began using alternative jerseys for Christmas Day? It is my understanding that in 1999-00 (after the NBA players strike) the Lakers started a tradition of wearing white warm-ups before their Christmas games. Thereafter, the fans and Lakers liked the looked and it continued for a year or so, then they decided to wear white alternative uniforms for the Christmas game. Sometime afterward, they decided to wear white alternative warm-ups and uniforms on every Sunday home game. They also decided to use the "Snowflake" patch for Christmas day which the NBA now uses for all teams. Perhaps Dave has some thoughts.

I'm not sure when the snowflake patches started, but the jerseys worn on just christmas day began I think in 2012 since 2011 still had snowflake patches

2012 - Big color
2013 - Sleeved with the big logo
2014 - The little logo on the team
2015 - Christmas writing with the red logo on the back

joshmiller0
12-27-2015, 08:15 AM
I loved these shooting shirts... Kevin Garnett game worn 2013 Christmas Day

encinorick
12-27-2015, 11:32 AM
Alan Meza, the noted LA Lakers told me about the white warm-ups started by the Lakers on Christmas Day in 1999-00. He said that its like the Detroit Lions tradition in the NFL during Thanksgiving. At some point it became tradition in the NBA to have the Lakers play on Christmas Day. Supposedly they started the tradition of wearing white with a Snow Flake patch and others followed. I once asked Meisel with Meigray, but, he said it was before his time and and didn't know the answer. Perhaps someone who knows the Lakers Front Office would know.
I have Shaq's white's 1999-00 Lakers warm up from the game...it's enormous.

sportscentury
02-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Carmelo Anthony's 2014 Game Worn and Photomatched Christmas Day Jersey from NBA Auctions/MeiGray, photomatched to numerous Getty Images, including these front and back shots:

joshmiller0
02-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Carmelo Anthony's 2014 Game Worn and Photomatched Christmas Day Jersey from NBA Auctions/MeiGray, photomatched to numerous Getty Images, including these front and back shots:

Beautiful jersey... I can't wait to see what Nike comes out with when they take over.