PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed: Which World Series bat would you keep?

sportsnbikes
12-28-2015, 07:12 PM
I have 2 Eric Hosmer bats used in the 2015 World Series. At some point, I may have the opportunity to trade it or put it towards something else I want. Which bat would you keep and why?

Here are the matches I have and what was done with each AB.

(Pictured on the right)
Game 3 Top 1 FC RBI
Game 3 Top 3 Ground Out to 1st
Game 3 Top 6 Strike Out

Game 4 Top 4 Ground Out to 2nd Base
Game 4 Top 6 Fly Out to CF
Game 4 Top 8 Error on 2B Murphy. 1 Run scored to tie game. Safe at 1st.

Game 5 Top 1 Strike Out

(Pictured on the left)
Game 5 Top 6 Ground Out to 2B.
Game 5 Top 9 RBI Double to score Cain
Game 5 Top 11 Single

Stanley
12-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Great Hosmer bats! Nice problem you have there.
Sent you PM about a question you asked me about Perez bat. Stanley

sportsnbikes
12-28-2015, 07:36 PM

Ok man! Thanks!

sportsnbikes
12-28-2015, 07:44 PM

You can't receive private messages.

Stanley
12-28-2015, 07:51 PM
I tried to fix that but I get an error screen every time....
birddogs(at)ec.rr.com

Buccaneer Madden
12-28-2015, 08:13 PM
I'd keep the one with 2 hits even though the other had more at bats.

MichaelofSF
12-28-2015, 09:22 PM
answer is simple, the other one that you don't work out a deal with me on. haha, no but seriously. nice problem to have

yanks12025
12-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I don't think it's even close. You keep the second one because that has bigger history. It was used to tie the game in the 5th game when they were down in the 9th.

yanks12025
12-28-2015, 09:36 PM
Sorry not to tie the game, it was used to drive in the first run of the 9th.

metsbats
12-28-2015, 09:36 PM
If I was a Royals fan I would prefer to keep the hit bat. However it would also be intriguing to own the bat he use to ground to Murphy for the error. It would be like owning the bat Mookie use to hit the ball past Buckner.

I had a choice between Lucus Duda's WS hit bat or the bat he used to line out which resulted in Cespedes getting doubled up to end game 4 but took the hit bat instead.

sportsnbikes
12-28-2015, 11:36 PM
I don't think it's even close. You keep the second one because that has bigger history. It was used to tie the game in the 5th game when they were down in the 9th.

I always thought that the one for the RBI would be the best one to keep but the other one was used in some very significant spots and in 3 games. It also has more use. Tough choice for sure!

sportsnbikes
12-28-2015, 11:38 PM
answer is simple, the other one that you don't work out a deal with me on. haha, no but seriously. nice problem to have

Lol I hear ya! I am so conflicted!

sportsnbikes
12-29-2015, 06:33 AM
So far it looks like everyone would keep the RBI bat form game 5.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

Thank you everyone for your responses!

sportsnbikes
12-29-2015, 06:41 AM
If I was a Royals fan I would prefer to keep the hit bat. However it would also be intriguing to own the bat he use to ground to Murphy for the error. It would be like owning the bat Mookie use to hit the ball past Buckner.

I had a choice between Lucus Duda's WS hit bat or the bat he used to line out which resulted in Cespedes getting doubled up to end game 4 but took the hit bat instead.

That is a very interesting comparison.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
12-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Personally I would take the one on the right. Pounded more so it will present better and it still was apart of a big play in the series. In my opinion a bigger one as the Murphy error swung all momentum to the Royals sealing up a WS win in my mind.

I just don't put a lot of stock into the RBI in game 5. The series was 3-1 and it was pretty much a done deal the way the Mets were playing. Just didn't feel like a big moment.

sportsnbikes
12-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Personally I would take the one on the right. Pounded more so it will present better and it still was apart of a big play in the series. In my opinion a bigger one as the Murphy error swung all momentum to the Royals sealing up a WS win in my mind.

I just don't put a lot of stock into the RBI in game 5. The series was 3-1 and it was pretty much a done deal the way the Mets were playing. Just didn't feel like a big moment.

I hear you. I do like that it has more use. AS a Royals fan though, the game 5 RBI was a big moment to me. I am not sure how anyone else feels but to me it was. Thank for your input!

helf35
12-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Easy solution. Keep Both!

sportsnbikes
12-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Easy solution. Keep Both!

Lol yes that was always the plan. But if I could get something that I really wanted as part of a trade; something like a Brett gamer, then I'd do that. Lol.

sportsnbikes
01-01-2016, 01:56 AM
Does anyone else have an opinion?

emann
01-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Happy New Year!

What a great problem to have; not a Royals collector but either bat would be welcome in my collection. I would honestly hang onto both as long as possible . . . Just my 2 cents.