PDA

View Full Version : Rod Woodson "Team Issued"?

Wisd10@juno.com
01-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Saw this 1994 Rod Woodson jersey and wanted to get your expertise on what this is. It has the length, the year tag, the hemmed sleeves, the cropped name plate. I have done my own research on this but wanted to get a third party opinion on this. I also have more pics if needed to confirm.
Thanks.

Wisd10@juno.com
01-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Sorry the tag pic is so small. Here it is but better.

patsfan
01-05-2016, 08:30 PM
I'm no expert but my educated guess would be team issued , nice jersey by the way

bgakladd
01-05-2016, 11:03 PM
I would be more comfortable looking for the issued and game used Steelers jerseys that had the gold zigzag stitching inside the name plate area as shown.

Chris78
01-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Can you post a better picture of the year tag. Also, the tagging inside the jersey does it have "Made in Berlin, WI" on the other side of the tagging?

I had looked at a game used jersey I owned from 1996, and as was mentioned above, I see a gold zigzag stitching inside as well.

Chris

Wisd10@juno.com
01-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was also hoping for the gold stitching but needed that confirmed from someone who was in possession of an authentic team issued. The inside tag in the pictures is the only tag there, no Rippon.
Here are some other pics with the year swatch.

Any more thoughts?

Chris78
01-10-2016, 05:14 PM
The year tag looks fine. The inside tag could have been removed if used, although it would seem unlikely for a team issued jersey.

Personally, I would not pay a large amount for it. If it was a couple hundred dollars it is a very nice jersey to own. What is the price for it?

Wisd10@juno.com
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
I think they wanted $900 for it. I was hoping for someone to match that inside tag with something either retail or team issued. I've seen pics of other gamers/team issued and the tagging is very different.

Hoping more people chime in on this.
Thanks.

bgakladd
01-10-2016, 09:46 PM
The year tag looks fine. The inside tag could have been removed if used, although it would seem unlikely for a team issued jersey.

Personally, I would not pay a large amount for it. If it was a couple hundred dollars it is a very nice jersey to own. What is the price for it?

It was listed with a $995 price on Ebay several weeks ago.

Wisd10@juno.com
01-17-2016, 01:59 AM
So, if someone can verify this, it would be helpful.
Gamer = Game worn. Can photo match
Team Issue = Not worn in game but same jersey as a gamer. Can still photo match.
If photo matching Gamer/Team issue and jersey does not match in a few areas can one conclude that jersey is not Gamer/Team issue? Would there be cases of patches, etc. that are not consistently placed on the jersey due to human error or are they pretty right on every time?
I ask because I have never seen a 1994 Jersey for sale anywhere or even seen a picture of it so it is hard to determine if certain characteristics are consistent from year to year.
Thanks for all your help.