PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Super Bowl Auction "Professional Model" Jerseys

fredskinz
01-20-2016, 09:31 PM
I have seen tons of jerseys on Hunt Auctions that say "Professional Model", including several in the current Super Bowl auction. Other jerseys are listed as "Game Used". According to a fellow collector, Hunt said they only say game used if there is a photo match, which seems ridiculous. Anyone have a clue what their definition of "Professional Model" is or does it just mean they have a weak provenance? Thank you.

JDubbs73
01-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Hi Fred - I don't know that there is a perfect answer for you here. I've seen plenty of legitimate game used/worn jerseys offered by Hunt that were described as professional model. The problem is that team issued or player cut jerseys are described the same way. I'd give them a call or send them an email for additional information on any in which you have an interest.

JDubbs73
01-20-2016, 10:54 PM
Case in point, and also my favorite item that Hunt has ever offered, is this 1930s Sammy Baugh jersey. It shows game use, comes with impeccable provenance and can be style matched to period correct photos--yet it is described as a professional model. Sold for almost $100k. See link -- http://huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=40&lot_num=79&lot_qual=.

Phil316
01-21-2016, 01:28 AM
I believe "Professional Model" is a term used when the auction house does not want to take responsibility if the item is not game used. Meaning they have no solid proof it was game used. It kinda removes them from any liability.

fredskinz
01-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Thanks guys, it's all seems so vague, but I guess that's the way they need it to be.