PDA

View Full Version : What kind of ball to sign???

alainbou
01-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Hello everyone

I'll be at Expos Fest in april in Montreal and i'll be able to get a lot of signatures from retired players. Do I need to have them sign an official Rawling MLB baseball? I'm in Canada and these balls are expensive and hard to find. I can't buy them in the States because of the poor exchange rate and the cost of shipping. Am I losing value if the signature is not on an official MLB baseball?
Thanks for your help
Alain

ironmanfan
01-29-2016, 03:35 PM
You'll want to get an OMLB signed because the ink on un-official baseballs will bleed over time and will ruin the signatures. In the long run, you'll be happy that you spent the additional funds to secure OMLB's (particularly for unique events such as the one you describe).

Good Luck.

earlywynnfan
01-29-2016, 05:06 PM
heck, send me your address, I'll send you one.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Yes you will lose not only value, but quality of signature. OMLB baseballs are a higher quality leather and it holds up better over time(signature as well). OMLB baseballs are also what a collector prefers to have their sigs on.

Now whether spending the extra money to get real OMLB baseballs is worth it for you I don't know.

Kedogs00@yahoo.com
01-30-2016, 06:56 PM
Grab Official NL Baseballs (Pre OMLB) They will be era correct and will deff be cooler in my opinion. And I bet you can find them online cheaper then the current day balls...If you look hard enough.

alainbou
02-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I'll spend the extra money to get an official MLB baseball.

Juicyfruit66
02-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Me and my bro and friend are going to that same expos fest, we ordered 11 national league Coleman balls for 80$ and I managed to scrounge up a bunch more for almost nothing per ball, you just gotta look. We also bought 1994 World Series balls to get signed by Grissom. It's funny cause my buddy was thinking about buying extras and selling them to people who needed the real deal in Montreal...looks like he was right, there's prob gonna be a mad rush for NL Official balls in Montreal thus April.

Juicyfruit66
02-06-2016, 05:09 AM
Even with exchange you can get one for about 14$ all in in Canadian funds.

Juicyfruit66
02-06-2016, 05:12 AM
These are pretty cool too, they are national league balls with expos logo, very nice for sigs. 4.99$ on eBay. Found two within a week so you should be able to.

Juicyfruit66
02-06-2016, 05:19 AM
Or you could bring this to get signed and have a mob of expos fans swarm and beat you :) Look at this on eBay:

WASHINGTON NATIONALS 10th ANNIVERSARY LOGO OFFICIAL MAJOR LEAGUE CUBED BASE BALL

http://ebay.to/1K4hpSD