PDA

View Full Version : steiner and mears

joshmiller0
02-07-2016, 12:08 PM
I buy from Steiner ALL the time... tons of stuff with the Nets and Knicks, but was wondering what you all think about this.. The steiner COA lists the dates and mears said he wore black sneakers... I looked at the Getty images and confirmed it.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301854362250?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Phil316
02-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Steiner could have easily got the dates wrong. Definitely not unheard of.

carbonrosa
02-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Stiener screws up all the time. When they showcased The Mariano Rivera auction for his church, I won Robinson Cano's game used signed fielding glove and the coa had the wrong inscription on it. I had to wait over Six months to get s new one because Mariano had to resign it. Then again MLB auction screws up there inscriptions all the time as well. I've caught them plenty of times over the past few years with the wrong date, inning or actual hit that I would email them to fix it. Gotta always do your homework.
-Devin

Juicyfruit66
02-09-2016, 09:34 AM
It's kind of sad when a company who's job it is is to verify authenticity and certify dates keeps screwing up those details. Makes you wonder if your items are authentic when you don't have your own photo matching done on your own, and at that point you don't really need them to certify it anymore.

joshmiller0
02-10-2016, 05:40 AM
It's kind of sad when a company who's job it is is to verify authenticity and certify dates keeps screwing up those details. Makes you wonder if your items are authentic when you don't have your own photo matching done on your own, and at that point you don't really need them to certify it anymore.

So one of the reasons why I like Meigray so much is because at least all of their NBA items are certified with a stitched on serial number. For example, their shooting shirts, pants, and shorts from various events have serial numbers. I'm not a huge fan of the sticker on Steiner's items. Also, Meigray registers all of the numbers on a database accessible to anyone whereas steiner, as far as I know does not. I know I bought a pair of shorts that were certified as being game used brooklyn nets from Mason Plumlee, but I'm 99.9% sure they were worn during the Rookie Challenge as that's the only time these shorts were available. A few years ago I bought a Melo steiner shirt from someone for almost $400... I searched getty images every single game that year and came up with nothing. Steiner just said that they were certain they were game worn. I'd just like some more rock solid evidence from Steiner...

That being said, I do continue to buy from them. Over the past year or so I've worked exclusively with Andrew Rasero arasera@steinersports.com

The reason why I am putting his name out there is because I did have a couple of issues with Steiner during that time. Andrew was quick to remedy those situations and responds to my emails very quickly. He is one of the main reasons why I continue to buy from Steiner because I know when I have an issue, he's going to work with me to fix it where in the past that wasn't always the case.

Juicyfruit66
02-10-2016, 10:43 PM
What's the point of hologram stickers if they don't link up to any database? I've never understood why they couldn't operate a database in 2016...,