PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Jersey Team Repairs

Bhawk2
02-19-2016, 11:38 PM
I was looking back through some old photos, and came across the one of Nate Colbert wearing a gold A's uniform in 1976 with an ugly team repair on the left sleeve. I've seen plenty of team repairs on football jerseys and baseball pants, but none of the baseball jerseys I've had have had repairs. Have any of the rest of you run across repaired jerseys? I doubt any modern team bothers to make repairs, but in the past I assume they did.

G1X
02-20-2016, 02:32 AM
I can't recall ever having a MLB jersey with a team repair, but I had a Potomac Nationals (Class A) Minor League jersey with repairs in the lower back. An odd place for repairs - not sure how that could happen.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

rufusandherschel
02-20-2016, 10:03 AM
I have a 1975 KC Royals home pull-over jersey with 3 repairs on the front. The repairs look to be professionally done, but don't know by whom or when the repairs were done. I obtained the jersey in that condition/state. On the other hand, I have seen a number of flannel jerseys with repairs, and have seen a number of flannel (especially) and knit pants with repairs.

Bhawk2
02-21-2016, 08:38 AM
I guess is makes sense that the flannels would have more repairs. Team budgets were even lower, the fabric probably doesn't hold up as well and with no high definition TV the fans won't see the repairs.

Many older pants have either repairs or damage, and even some modern pants have repairs. I went to a local minor league game and had seats in the first row behind the batter's circle, and I would say 75% of the pants had repairs. Of course, the team was the Clinton Lumberkings, and again they are running on a tight budget.