PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ewing Vintage Autographed Jersey help

Jaffattack
02-20-2016, 10:55 PM
Hi,

I just joined the forum and it's a pleasure to be here. I mostly collect New York Knicks and Rangers memorabilia from the early 1990's. The last great years at The Garden as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, as I said, I am new so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum.

I have a signed Patrick Ewing Jersey and I am wondering what year it is from and if anyone could share their thoughts. The tags are Medalist Sand-Knit which I believe were the official makers of Jerseys for the NBA until 1985. Since it's a Ewing Jersey I originally thought it must be one from his rookie year, but the jersey also has the official NBA Logo which I didn't think was introduced by then. Any thoughts? And thanks in advance! I've attached pics.

sox83cubs84
02-21-2016, 07:57 PM
The presence of the NBA logo and the use of an extra length tag without a year tag would point towards 1986-87 as the most likely time frame. Of course, for those unaware (which I'm sure doesn't include you), a size 40 +2" is way too tiny for Ewig to have worn. A team stock jersey it is, however, just not one issued to the big guy.

Dave Miedema

Jaffattack
02-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the help! And of course, I didn't mean to imply I thought it was worn by him.