PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ewing 1980's Jersey help

Jaffattack
02-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Hi,

I just joined the forum and it's a pleasure to be here. I mostly collect New York Knicks and Rangers memorabilia from the early 1990's. The last great years at The Garden as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, as I said, I am new so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum.

I have a signed Patrick Ewing Jersey and I am wondering what year it is from and if anyone could share their thoughts. The tags are Medalist Sand-Knit which I believe were the official makers of Jerseys for the NBA until 1985. Since it's a Ewing Jersey I originally thought it must be one from his rookie year, but the jersey also has the official NBA Logo which I didn't think was introduced by then. Any thoughts? And thanks in advance! I've attached pics.

RaiderNationPDX
02-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum. I know Blazers jerseys better than Knicks, but from a quick review, I'd have a hard time believing this was game worn by Ewing. Size is 40, which would be a sausage casing on a guy Ewing's size. Believe he wore like a 46 or 48. Also - at least when it comes to Blazers jerseys - I've rarely (if ever) seen one without year tagging from this era.

Others will likely know better than me, though. Can't speak to the signature either.

sox83cubs84
02-21-2016, 08:06 PM
See my response in the autograph section.

Dave Miedema

Jaffattack
02-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the help! And of course, I didn't mean to imply I thought it was worn by him.