PDA

View Full Version : Beware of eBay Buyer whit-trys

commando
02-22-2016, 06:52 PM
You might not want to deal with eBay buyer "whit-trys".

He purchased two minor league jerseys from me, then promptly re-listed both on eBay, even using my original photos and descriptions. After not selling both in a couple of months, I get a notice from eBay that he wants to return both back to me because the jerseys have "considerably more staining than the pictures show." Incidentally, one is a 1970s Tampa Tarpons shirt, and the other is a mid-1980s Daytona Beach Islanders shirt. Both do indeed show nice, considerable game use as would be expected.

I just got off the phone with eBay, and they said his refund request will be denied because these items were sold to him well over 30 days ago.

For the record, I have no problem with "flippers." But to try to stick the original seller with a return and all shipping costs, just because you couldn't flip it in a couple of months, is just dishonest.

On top of all of this, he originally told me he was purchasing the Tarpons jersey for his dad and I took a few dollars off the selling price. Frankly, I don't care what someone does with an item after they buy it... But once again, this guy apparently has no shame.

Consider this a public service announcement. You've been told.

commando
02-22-2016, 08:34 PM
The attempted flipper just ended these two eBay auctions TODAY, both of them early. As a matter of fact, he ended a total of seven jersey listings today because of "an error in the listing." I feel sorry for the other people who are also apparently going to get their jerseys sent back to them.