PDA

View Full Version : Diamondbacks Fanfest/GU Baseball Question

godwulf
02-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Well, I did have fun at Fanfest this year, although the GU pickings were less than spectacular.

Many, many racks of jerseys, $100-200 dollars per, but with no differentiation between -worn and -issued; a big table covered with game-issued helmets, and only one or two with a number attached. They did have a ton of nice locker plates (from 2011) for only five bucks apiece, so I grabbed quite a few of those.

Also picked up a big old heavy banner about 9 feet high and 3 feet across, like they hang up at the top of the light poles around the ballpark; this one is of Josh Collmenter; heaven only knows where I will ever find a place to display it.

I'm not a big GU ball collector, but they had a few sitting out for $25 each, and one was identified by its MLB holo sticker as having been hit for single by Ryan Braun against Jeremy Hellickson, at Chase Field on 7/26/15. Not a Braun fan, myself, but I know a lot of people are borderline fanatical about the guy, so I figured I'd do something I VERY seldom do and actually buy a small something for "investment" purposes.

godwulf
02-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Oops, I forgot to ask the advertised question. So, is a regular season Braun hit ball worth $25? Was it a bargain, about right, or is it one of those things I'll probably have to dump at some point for a loss?

lengthwise1
02-29-2016, 03:52 PM
any idea if they had any Pacheco jerseys?

Not sure on the ball, but I'd assume you can more than $25 for that ball being a hit from a star.

godwulf
03-01-2016, 10:48 AM
To be honest, I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the jerseys. IMO they kind of screwed up in not labeling what was GU and what was just issued - that would have made it easier/possible to make a decision about whether something was worth what they were asking. They're usually good about that, and they price things accordingly. If I saw a Pacheco jersey, it didn't register with me. I mean, there were hundreds of jerseys.