PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Football Help

sek122482
03-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Hoping someone on here can help me out with an item I just purchased at an estate sale. It was a sale of the estate of the Raiders former photographer. I bought this football which appears to be used and is signed by many Raiders players. I can for sure make out Ken Stabler, Dan Conners, George Blanda and there are several more. After doing some research I believe that it is from the 1970 season because of the Block Lettering. Does the fact that this type of football was only used for 1 year make it very rare or are they fairly easy to get? Also, does anyone know what the "QB" marking means? Any idea on value? I would appreciate any help someone can give me on this. Also got a game used helmet I will post once I get some pictures. Thanks!

Scott
sek122482@yahoo.com

RaiderNationPDX
03-07-2016, 02:12 AM
You're correct about these being used solely in the 1970 season (IIRC, not even the entire season). Thus, they are definitely not an easy find. Took me a couple years to source one.

The QB marking likely indicates that it was a Raiders practice ball, designated for Quarterback use. Have seen other Raiders balks marked in a similar fashion. A beautiful ball; congrats on the pickup.

sek122482
03-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Raidernation, thanks for the help! Can you email me at sek122482@yahoo.com? I have a few more questions about the ball. Thanks!

Scott