Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshmiller0
    • Mar 2010

Kobe All Star Jersey sells for 100k

A big-time Kobe Bryant fan, collector or investor -- or perhaps some combination of the three -- agreed to shell out $100,000 to buy a jersey the Lakers great wore in this year's All-Star Game.

Same guy usually buys all of the all star jerseys.. pretty crazy
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Re: Kobe All Star Jersey sells for 100k

I don't find the price at all surprising. Kobe's top pieces regularly sell for strong prices.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• ivo610
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by sportscentury
      I don't find the price at all surprising. Kobe's top pieces regularly sell for strong prices.
      doubling the previous record surprises me
      Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• sportscentury
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ivo610
        doubling the previous record surprises me
        I understand and I'm sure you're not alone. I'm privy to private sale data regarding some of Kobe's top items, so the $100k+ realized price didn't surprise me. In addition, there are public data from other auction houses (e.g., when Ken auctioned off the items from Pam Bryant) that point to both the strong values Kobe's top items bring as well as the ascending direction of Kobe's market trajectory. The $100k+ realized price may raise a few eyebrows now, but the data suggest it was a smart investment.
        Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• joshmiller0
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sportscentury
          I understand and I'm sure you're not alone. I'm privy to private sale data regarding some of Kobe's top items, so the $100k+ realized price didn't surprise me. In addition, there are public data from other auction houses (e.g., when Ken auctioned off the items from Pam Bryant) that point to both the strong values Kobe's top items bring as well as the ascending direction of Kobe's market trajectory. The $100k+ realized price may raise a few eyebrows now, but the data suggest it was a smart investment.
          It's only worth what it is worth to the buyer... I've spent hundreds on jerseys that my friends wouldn't spend $20 on...

Comment

Working...