Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Majestic MLB Jersey changes for 2016

This season Majestic is rolling out a new style of jersey as an on field authentic for teams. Some of you have already noticed. The new jersey is FLEX BASE over the previous COOL BASE. I am not sure of all of the changes right now but I have noticed the tucked in tail portion is a lighter material and the Majestic logo on the sleeve will also now say Majestic. Feel free to add any other differences if you have noticed them.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com
  • whoman
    • Feb 2015

Re: Majestic MLB Jersey changes for 2016

Is this what you are talking about Russell? Here is a Yankees jersey with what appears to have a different material added to the rear tail of the jersey.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
      • May 2015

Absolutely hideous for collectors

Comment

• slab0meat
        • May 2010

Absolutely hideous for anyone who wears a jersey untucked. The retail authentics are the same way I believe.

Comment

• GoCrazyFolks76
          • Mar 2015

Just Awful.

Guess we'll all be displaying jerseys front facing from now on.

Comment

• memorabiliaunlimited
            • Oct 2013

they could have at least continued the pinstripe down into the tail if they were going to use a different material.. that looks horrendous. are all of the tails going to be white? even colored and grey jerseys? it probably wont be as noticeable for regular home white jerseys though.

Comment

• jbean023
              • Nov 2011

If every jersey looks like this my bank account will be thrilled this season because I won't be buying any of these.

Comment

• slab0meat
                • May 2010

Originally posted by memorabiliaunlimited
                they could have at least continued the pinstripe down into the tail if they were going to use a different material.. that looks horrendous. are all of the tails going to be white? even colored and grey jerseys? it probably wont be as noticeable for regular home white jerseys though.
                Colored jerseys match, mostly.. They're not white. Still have that dumb arc at the bottom though.

Comment

• lakeerie92
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by whoman
                  Is this what you are talking about Russell? Here is a Yankees jersey with what appears to have a different material added to the rear tail of the jersey.
                  Yes that is it. It seems as if the pinstripe jerseys will be the worst looking because the pinstripe doesn't continue all the way down. The solid colors it isn't as noticeable on.

I did see that the retail authentic jerseys do have the same tail, but I also noticed it was harder than normal to find retail authentic jerseys than I had in the past. That may change as these become more readily available.

It won't really have any effect on me collecting because I collect based more on use than look and I don't display my jerseys, but I know some collect on look, use or both.
                  Russell Wuerffel
                  Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                  lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• esigs
                    • Aug 2012

In addition to the tail, the same mesh fabric will be used under arms, and it won't look very nice on pinstripes jerseys.

Other changes include using ChromaFlex MLB logos on uniforms, instead of the old embroidered ones, and a few teams switching to matte helmets.

The article linked below has a complete rundown of all the changes in uniforms by team. If you collect Padres and Diamondbacks, you will have many new styles to add to your collection.

It's time for another MLB season and that means new uniforms, throwbacks, alternates, patches and more. Paul Lukas breaks down all the changes in his annual team-by-team report.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• dnrapp
                      • Feb 2009

It sure looks to me that the pinstripes go all the way into the tail in the Rockies uniform in that picture.

Comment

• lengthwise1
                        • May 2013

I got a Syndergaard Throwback Flexbase and all the lettering on it is kiss cut
                        Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
                          • May 2015

The Rockies Jersey is a great example of how stupid these look. Pinstripes go down in front but lower back is blank ? Am I seeing this correctly? Are they nuts? Who would buy these?

Comment

• memorabiliaunlimited
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by esigs
                            In addition to the tail, the same mesh fabric will be used under arms, and it won't look very nice on pinstripes jerseys.

Other changes include using ChromaFlex MLB logos on uniforms, instead of the old embroidered ones, and a few teams switching to matte helmets.

The article linked below has a complete rundown of all the changes in uniforms by team. If you collect Padres and Diamondbacks, you will have many new styles to add to your collection.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...s-patches-more
                            cool article. interested to see what the new mothers and father day jerseys look like.

Comment

• esigs
                              • Aug 2012

Not a jersey, but another change to the uniform: Dodgers' new helmet has a 3D logo and matte finish. 👍 or 👎🏽?

For Tuesday's home opener, the Dodgers unveiled new matte-finish batting helmets with a raised logo that creates a three-dimensional effect.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...