Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrw2161
    • May 2007

Dorsett White Cowboys Jersey PSA/DNA cert

only my second post ever but question for the experts out there....

Years ago I located a White Cowboys Dorsett jersey, Nike, size 50, no signature that I can see, I gave this to my uncle as a gift, he has since passed away. The jersey was returned to me and upon closer scrutiny I located a VERY SMALL PSA/DNA # tag inside the jersey behind the Nike patch on the front lower tail. The jersey is in impeccable condition, no rips or tears, I know NOTHING of Cowboys memorabilia or Tony Dorsett memorabilia, I am NOT a collector and have no intentions of becoming one...

The information contained is that it is a "AUTHENTIC COWBOYS HOME WHITE JERSEY OF HALL OF FAME RUNNING BACK TONY DORSETT #33" date of authentication was 11/28/2000....what does any of this mean ? I have no idea...

I hereby turn all of this information to all of you with hopes of finding out what any of this means....

Mark
  • slats7
    Banned
    • May 2009

Re: Dorsett White Cowboys Jersey PSA/DNA cert

all I can tell you is that Dallas didn't wear Nike jerseys when Dorsett was playing for them

Comment

• mrw2161
      • May 2007

Thank you for that....

Comment

• TigersCubs84
        • Feb 2015

The post counter indicates you had 21 posts? Just sayin. Agree that Cowboys didn't wear Nike

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Dorsett never wore Nike but the Cowboys team WAS wearing Nike when the jersey was authenticated. The description does not indicate game used, so it's probably a pro cut of some sort made well after his departure from Dallas.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• slats7
            Banned
            • May 2009

Sometimes old players return for special events and wear a custom jersey, like Dorsett did in 2008 (Reebok).

Comment

• mrw2161
              • May 2007

That was actually what I was thinking as well , some kind of an event, ring of champions or something like that ...

Comment

• mrw2161
                • May 2007

And I apologize for the confusion , what I meant about my second post was it was the second time that I had initiated any kind of a subject , first being the baseball gloves and second being a Darryl strawberry World Series jersey , those who know me from this forum I believe you know that I am very honest when it comes to anything of the sort

Comment

• mrw2161
                  • May 2007

The jersey also has "00-50" embroidered just below the neckline on a small tag

Comment

Working...