PDA

View Full Version : Any Ticket Collectors/Experts in this Forum?

3arod13
01-31-2007, 06:57 AM
I just picked up a 1994 Seattle Mariners Ticket dated 14 July 1994, which was Alex Rodriguez's first home game with the Seattle Mariners. Ticket was signed at the game. This was the fourth game of his career. He played the first three games at Boston, then this game against the Yankees in Seattle.

I'm not a ticket collector, but I'm looking for any information on whether there is any signficance with this ticket because it was arod's first official game at Seattle. I'm sure if it was from the game when he got his first hit, or first home run, it definately would. Thanks!

3arod13
01-31-2007, 07:00 AM
WOW! Check this ticket out...$30,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130026664517&rd=1&rd=1

ironmanfan
01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
I would think that the majority of the value would be in the autograph and not so much in the "significance" of the ticket.

3arod13
01-31-2007, 08:32 AM
I would think that the majority of the value would be in the autograph and not so much in the "significance" of the ticket.

Thanks!

camarokids
01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
In 1994 arod played in played in 17 games with 54 at-bats and had 11 hits with no Home Runs www.thebaseballcube.com doesn't have any box scores prior to 1997 . To a ticket collector if arod got his first hit in the game it would have some significance , but I have to agree the auto would be worth more.

3arod13
01-31-2007, 09:48 AM
In 1994 arod played in played in 17 games with 54 at-bats and had 11 hits with no Home Runs www.thebaseballcube.com (http://www.thebaseballcube.com) doesn't have any box scores prior to 1997 . To a ticket collector if arod got his first hit in the game it would have some significance , but I have to agree the auto would be worth more.

1994 Box Scores: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1994&t=SEA

For myself, as an avid arod collector, being this is the ticket from his 1ST HOME game with Seattle...4th game of his career...that he signed it on that day, and that they played the Yankees, makes it desireable for me to have it in my collection. Yes, I wish he hit his first HR that game...that would have been nice!

Thanks for the

camarokids
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM
still a nice piece and nice find, it was his first hit at home the third hit of his career. one thing about our hobby, there is no wrong way to collect(unless your buying fake stuff) , collect what you like and what makes you happy. was just trying to say his auto is probably worth more than the ticket, put them together and you have a nice piece of history !!!!! then again if you get a couple of bidders going crazy for the item , skies the limit......

3arod13
01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
still a nice piece and nice find, it was his first hit at home the third hit of his career. one thing about our hobby, there is no wrong way to collect(unless your buying fake stuff) , collect what you like and what makes you happy. was just trying to say his auto is probably worth more than the ticket, put them together and you have a nice piece of history !!!!! then again if you get a couple of bidders going crazy for the item , skies the limit......

Well said! I've sold things on ebay that I didn't think I would get more than $50, yet sold for $200+. That's what's fun about collecting.

Great responses...thanks!

allstarsplus
01-31-2007, 12:07 PM
I collect just about anything unique in sports which includes tickets. At the time, I thought my collection of McGwire ticket stubs and Barry Bonds tickets stubs from their Record HR games was a big deal---now they sit in a cabinet.

I have a full collection of Super Bowl tix which is nice.

The best ticket resource is Dennis Jose of Chicago. http://www.chicagotix.com/ He even grades tickets. I used him to fill in my collections.

Andrew

Ripken
01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Lenny Steren (Mookie's tickets) is a great resource also. Very friendly & knowledgeable.

A little more about him:http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/memorabilia-news/ticket-master.html

mr.miracle
01-31-2007, 12:47 PM
In my experience, both Dennis Jose and Lenny Steren are very valuable resources for all tickets. I will be honest, Dennis is not cheap as a number of his items are rather pricey, but between these two, if you cannot find what you need it might be off the market and nearly impossible to find.

TNTtoys
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi -- do you have a website or a phone number for Lenny? I am after 2 specific Mets tickets; both in the past 2 years, so I couldn't imagine that they are rare... but I cannot seem to locate them anywhere. I tried a number of Mets sources, and have come up empty -- thanks, Nick

mr.miracle
01-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi -- do you have a website or a phone number for Lenny? I am after 2 specific Mets tickets; both in the past 2 years, so I couldn't imagine that they are rare... but I cannot seem to locate them anywhere. I tried a number of Mets sources, and have come up empty -- thanks, Nick

I know I have a business card for him somewhere, but you can email him at sirmook@aol.com and he will reply there.

Thanks

Brett

allstarsplus
01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
I know I have a business card for him somewhere, but you can email him at sirmook@aol.com and he will reply there.

Thanks

Brett Brett - Thanks! I just emailed him some requests!!!

Andrew

mr.miracle
01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
As always, it is my pleasure. In my experience, Lenny has been quite a bit cheaper than Dennis and he carries a heavy inventory of tickets and can find many others. That being said, depending on what you are looking for and how hard it is to find, you take what you can get where you can get it and both sources are very, very valuable. If anyone is interested there is also a ticket website, www.thatsmyticket.com (http://www.thatsmyticket.com) I belive that has links to other ticket sources and boards that you can posts for sale and want lists. I have not had much luck with posting want lists but you never know.

Thanks

TNTtoys
02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
'Ripken'/Brett --

I sent Lenny my wants list -- and he was able to come up with the most important one. I just sent him payment & am now anxiously awaiting delivery. Wanted to say thanks for the lead!!

This ticket is from a Mets/Yankees subway series game played at Shea where the Mets not only won the game convincingly, but I have one of the game used bases. All should make a nice display...

Now I need to start shopping for a good shadowbox..

Nick

TFig27
02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
i just sent him a request for a ticket that i have a game used base from...let's hope

thanks for the info