PDA

View Full Version : 2016 MLB Specialty Uniforms

memorabiliaunlimited
04-13-2016, 12:15 PM
http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/04/13/mlb-unveils-300-new-looks-as-2016-specialty-uniforms-released/

get your wallets ready...

im not a huge fan of the variations, but am definitely liking the ASG workout day gear.

slab0meat
04-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Weird, I was JUST thinking that MLB needed more uniform styles, especially Arizona. Phew, what a relief!

carbonrosa
04-13-2016, 04:16 PM
This is absolutely crazy!! Trying to grab every penny they can from the loyal fans. Though, I have to say being a Yankee fan, I'm really digging fathers, mothers and memorial day caps this year. I will definitely be buying the fathers day cap.The other 3 caps I'm not sold on. I don't even know where to begin with the 300 different styles of jersey's. Your going to be seeing thousands of jersey's being sold on MLB auction for years to come. They will over sell at auction and through the GU booths and Ebay will be flooded with over priced jersey's no one will ever buy. Get ready!!

GoCrazyFolks76
04-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Too bad they're all going to have that ugly diaper panel. Some of these may have actually looked nice on the wall.

grandeleague
04-13-2016, 08:31 PM
This is absolutely crazy!! Trying to grab every penny they can from the loyal fans. Though, I have to say being a Yankee fan, I'm really digging fathers, mothers and memorial day caps this year. I will definitely be buying the fathers day cap.The other 3 caps I'm not sold on. I don't even know where to begin with the 300 different styles of jersey's. Your going to be seeing thousands of jersey's being sold on MLB auction for years to come. They will over sell at auction and through the GU booths and Ebay will be flooded with over priced jersey's no one will ever buy. Get ready!!

Pretty much says it all in this post. More over hyped over priced manufactured memorabilia en route.

Phil316
04-14-2016, 12:35 AM
The market is already flooded with jersey's. This is the last thing needed.

grandeleague
04-14-2016, 08:59 AM
I would like to know how some of the people running the various team memorabilia programs actually got the job in the first place. I imagine quite a few are clueless as to the nuiances of the game used hobby.If their prices are any indication they are indeed clueless. They just pump out jerseys by the dozen at prices that are 2X retail or more. Is there any such thing as a hobby friendly team memorabilia program anymore? I have only dealt with the braves and i can say when Lisa ran their program she would at least deal with you if you took several items. Now, my experience has been no dealing to be had for multiple purchases and not real appreciative as well. Oh well, I guess it is asking too much for a little courtesy and a simple thanks anymore.

Trublubrucru
04-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the end of modern day jersey collecting

Buccaneer Madden
04-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Just cut to the chase and wear a different jersey for every game... you know its coming soon anyway.

grandeleague
04-14-2016, 10:29 PM
We have discussed orioles and braves jersey habits. Out of curiosity do the cubs mass produce game used jerseys like other teams do?

Phil316
04-15-2016, 12:26 AM
In the last few years i have pretty much unloaded all my baseball stuff and what little basketball stuff i had. Anything 1995 or later for me was moved with exception of my Mariners collection ;).

jake33
04-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Love the ASG uniforms....

The only way the variations can HELP the hobby is if the price points drop a lot and it grows people into the hobby. The same 5% of fans buying variation game used doesn't help that much, but if there are 1000 more serious collections that go into the hobby because of it, then that is ok in helping out with the supply and demand concept.

lengthwise1
04-15-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm loving the ASG jerseys as well!