PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Story Opening Day Jersey

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Wow is all I can say...

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1063459&pgmode1=teamsite&pgcust1=rockies&pgmode3=livebid&&qt[0].type=openbrac&qt[1].type=openbrac&qt[1].value2=%2C+&qt[2].type=fieldmatch&qt[2].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[2].value1=mlb&qt[3].type=operor&qt[4].type=fieldmatch&qt[4].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[4].value1=team&qt[5].type=closebrac&qt[6].type=operand&qt[7].type=fieldmatch&qt[7].name=panname_teamname_s&qt[7].value1=rockies&qt[8].type=closebrac

jbean023
04-15-2016, 08:11 PM
I figured 10K+ when I seen this on auction.

jbean023
04-15-2016, 08:18 PM
What wows me is that people pay 5K-10K for modern baseball cards. Story 1/5 sold for 6K on ebay. Hot rookies every year, Polonco's jersey went for double digits I believe.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-15-2016, 10:49 PM
The saddest part is that Trevor Story isn't even good. He wasn't even rated a top 10 prospect in the Rockies system. He rates out as a fringe starter maybe utility player. Honestly I feel bad for the people throwing thousands at this guy. That card will be lucky to be worth $100 ten years from now.

jbean023
04-16-2016, 12:07 AM
The saddest part is that Trevor Story isn't even good. He wasn't even rated a top 10 prospect in the Rockies system. He rates out as a fringe starter maybe utility player. Honestly I feel bad for the people throwing thousands at this guy. That card will be lucky to be worth $100 ten years from now.

I could care less about ratings, I guess folks that rate NFL draft prospects were a little off with Tom Brady he wasn't in the top 198. I'm not saying Story is the next Mike Trout but a guy that leads the MLB in HRs almost 2 weeks in is talented and set a HR record.

TBM
04-16-2016, 07:40 PM
Here is another that just blew my mind. Chein-Ming Wong opening day Royals jersey almost $8,000. He didn't even play opening day!!

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1061512&pgmode1=teamsite&pgcust1=royals&pgmode3=livebid&&qt[0].type=openbrac&qt[1].type=openbrac&qt[2].type=fieldmatch&qt[2].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[2].value1=mlb&qt[3].type=operor&qt[4].type=fieldmatch&qt[4].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[4].value1=team&qt[5].type=closebrac&qt[6].type=operand&qt[7].type=fieldmatch&qt[7].name=panname_teamname_s&qt[7].value1=royals&qt[8].type=closebrac

Juicyfruit66
04-17-2016, 01:05 AM
That new Jersey style is an abomination! It's hideous! Looks like a diaper is attached to the bottom.

sox83cubs84
04-17-2016, 08:12 PM
I could care less about ratings, I guess folks that rate NFL draft prospects were a little off with Tom Brady he wasn't in the top 198. I'm not saying Story is the next Mike Trout but a guy that leads the MLB in HRs almost 2 weeks in is talented and set a HR record.

Although they lost 2 out of 3 at home to the Rox, the Cubs pitching staff brought him back down to earth for at least a while.

Dave Miedema

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-19-2016, 11:19 AM

I am not saying he does not have talent, but it is more the fact he isn't some uber prospect everyone freaks out over. He is not Correa, Puig, Lindor, etc...he is Trevor Story.

This is before one considers it has been 2 weeks and he is eventually going to fall off a cliff. His jerseys will be lucky to be worth $1,000 down the road. Yes I understand we don't collect to make money, but over $12,000 for his jersey is quite crazy.

Juicyfruit66
04-19-2016, 03:20 PM
This reminds me of the early 90s when everyone was in a craze collcting cards. Grown men buying into crazy hype..the card companies began creating "rare" items. Here we were buying beckett magazines to see how much our cards increased in value per month. Personally if I had 12 grand to blow I'd spend it on an established favorite player game item. Story could be a one season wonder...