PDA

View Full Version : 2K Spring training jerseys?

helf35
05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Love the jerseys but 2K for a Spring jersey? Bravo to the Sox for getting what they got but Spring?

Lawrie was almost $600
Frazier $1600
Sale $1800

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1086557&pgmode1=teamsite&pgcust1=chisox&pgmode3=livebid&&qt[0].type=openbrac&qt[1].type=fieldmatch&qt[1].name=panname_teamname_s&qt[1].value1=chisox&qt[2].type=operand&qt[3].type=fieldmatch&qt[3].name=panname_partnername_s&qt[3].value1=team&qt[4].type=closebrac

lengthwise1
05-02-2016, 09:38 PM
You will see a bunch of ST jerseys on MLB Auctions getting sold by MLB, they got a bunch of different teams stock. I know they bought all the Rockies ST jerseys in a bulk buy. I hope some end up listing....

TwinLakesPark
05-03-2016, 08:26 AM
You will see a bunch of ST jerseys on MLB Auctions getting sold by MLB, they got a bunch of different teams stock. I know they bought all the Rockies ST jerseys in a bulk buy. I hope some end up listing....

MLB Auctikns is a platform that each individual team can use, they do not purchase stuff from the teams. The team rep lists the items for sale and handles the shipping upon completion. Any misrepresentations or delays are a result of the individual team, not MLB.

lengthwise1
05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
MLB Auctikns is a platform that each individual team can use, they do not purchase stuff from the teams. The team rep lists the items for sale and handles the shipping upon completion. Any misrepresentations or delays are a result of the individual team, not MLB.

I know this, I can also tell you for sure that MLB purchased all of the Rockies ST jerseys in a bulk buy.

If you look at the auction that started on 4.27 for ST jerseys, it looks like the jerseys listed from teams like A's, Reds, Red Sox, Cards have come from similar bulk buys. I don't know this for a fact, but those are pretty similar style lots listed and advertised at the same time by MLB, just saying...

godwulf
05-03-2016, 05:17 PM
The Diamondbacks have been selling their ST jerseys at the ballpark for prices in the $200-$300 range - except for certain players like Goldschmidt, whose stuff gets picked up before it even hits the Team Shop, and for four figures, I'm sure. (No, Nick, nothing of Chris's has shown up yet, but I will continue to look!)

I seldom even bother to check out auctions at MLB. Prices on even unknown players, recent call-ups, scrubs, etc., are just stupid high.

jscott0688
05-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Each team had the opportunity to purchase the jerseys from MLB, but apparently the quote was astronomical. That is why MLB is auctioning them off for a number of teams.

thomaslynch
05-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Agreed these are going for more than they're worth as do most things on MLB Auctions. I did end up buying an Orioles Jonathan Schoop ST jersey for $450 which is probably a lot more than it will be worth. I was at one of the games he wore it in and was able to photo match it based on the design in the numbers. That and the fact I like him as a player made me shell out a few extra bucks. At least these didn't have a reserve like so many O's auctions do.

TwinLakesPark
05-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Each team had the opportunity to purchase the jerseys from MLB, but apparently the quote was astronomical. That is why MLB is auctioning them off for a number of teams.

You are incorrect, the teams own these jerseys. Each team is a business and has different ownership and leadership. Jerseys are purchased, owned and sold by each individual team. Again, MLB does not auction off jerseys, they provided a software/auction platform for each team to use. That listing you see in an MLB Auction is created, managed and fulfilled by the team!

jscott0688
05-04-2016, 11:12 AM
You are incorrect, the teams own these jerseys. Each team is a business and has different ownership and leadership. Jerseys are purchased, owned and sold by each individual team. Again, MLB does not auction off jerseys, they provided a software/auction platform for each team to use. That listing you see in an MLB Auction is created, managed and fulfilled by the team!

Sorry, but you are actually the one that is incorrect. I'm not sure why you are so confident, but I actually spoke to the people that run Cardinals Authentics. This is what they told me. Even so, it was very clear from the auction web pages that it was MLB auctioning these jerseys. When individual teams auction items, the teams logo is next to the auction title. The MLB logo was next to the auction titles for the spring training jerseys.

thomaslynch
05-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Not sure about all teams but I'm pretty sure the Orioles jerseys were sold by the team as it states that the proceed would benefit the OriolesReach charity.

lengthwise1
05-04-2016, 02:31 PM
When individual teams auction items, the teams logo is next to the auction title. The MLB logo was next to the auction titles for the spring training jerseys.

Yep, that's an easy way to know the source.

Patiently waiting for Rockies jerseys to get posted by MLB...

grandeleague
05-04-2016, 04:22 PM
2k spring training jersey? Thats chump change. Behold the 4000 Dansby Swanson spring training jersey listed for sale today. Pure unadulterated madness. The braves ought to put that jersey in the turner field museum.

lengthwise1
05-07-2016, 12:31 PM
The Rockies jerseys were posted yesterday by MLB...

lakeerie92
05-07-2016, 03:18 PM

MLB has the right to pull any items they want and auction them off. An example of this is Mother's Day bats. While most of the time they do it their is a reason behind it like charity, but they definitely have that right. The spring training jerseys are a little different because some teams seem to be selling their own while others are being sold by MLB, but I am sure there are reasons for this and even within the program sometimes the reasons are unknown.

lengthwise1
05-10-2016, 11:21 PM
MLB has the Rockies Mothers Day hats, so I expect them to auction at some point.

G1X
05-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Regarding the discussion of who owns/auctions/ships the Spring Training jerseys, I recently won a Washington Nationals St. Patrick's Day jersey on MLB Auctions. I was at the Nats game last night and stopped by the Team Kiosk to see if they had mailed my jersey. I was hoping to pick it up in person as they have done that for me in the past. However, I was told that they did not have the St. Patrick's Day jerseys as those were being handled and shipped by MLB.

So, it sounds like things have changed, or at least with with regards to the Nats St. Patrick's Day jerseys.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange