PDA

View Full Version : Gretzky Collection Escapes Fire

swainer
05-09-2016, 10:50 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/fort-mcmurray-gretzky-collector-managed-save-jerseys/

Wow.

HawaiiSportsNut
05-10-2016, 03:05 AM
As a fellow collector I really feel bad for him. My collection pales in value compared to his Gretzky collection, but I would be so depressed if I lost a part of it. I remember watching the news broadcast on the fire. It looked like a living hell.

JDF5244
05-10-2016, 09:10 AM
This is a question I ask myself all of the time....what would I take? I feel for this fellow as well.
It may sound sort of strange, but I keep virtually all of my boxes of cards and other collectibles right next to my garage door (inside the house). That way I'm as close as I can get to my cars if I have to start gathering up boxes in a hurry.

whoman
05-10-2016, 03:41 PM
This happened to me during one of the San Diego fires a few years ago. As fire was getting near, I got my mother out of the house as well as a few photo albums and important papers/documents and fled towards the beach. Never really thinking about my collection.

sox83cubs84
05-10-2016, 04:31 PM
On the other extreme, former SCD Hartland statues columnist Bob Parker garnered heavy ridicule when he penned a SCD article discussing how to save his Hartland collection in the event of a house fire. Saving his family was never mentioned in the article. :mad: :eek: :mad:

Dave Miedema