X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swainer
    • Feb 2012

Gretzky Collection Escapes Fire

Wow.
    Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com
  • HawaiiSportsNut
    • Dec 2009

Re: Gretzky Collection Escapes Fire

As a fellow collector I really feel bad for him. My collection pales in value compared to his Gretzky collection, but I would be so depressed if I lost a part of it. I remember watching the news broadcast on the fire. It looked like a living hell.
    sigpic

Comment

• JDF5244
      • May 2014

This is a question I ask myself all of the time....what would I take? I feel for this fellow as well.
      It may sound sort of strange, but I keep virtually all of my boxes of cards and other collectibles right next to my garage door (inside the house). That way I'm as close as I can get to my cars if I have to start gathering up boxes in a hurry.

Comment

• whoman
        • Feb 2015

This happened to me during one of the San Diego fires a few years ago. As fire was getting near, I got my mother out of the house as well as a few photo albums and important papers/documents and fled towards the beach. Never really thinking about my collection.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

On the other extreme, former SCD Hartland statues columnist Bob Parker garnered heavy ridicule when he penned a SCD article discussing how to save his Hartland collection in the event of a house fire. Saving his family was never mentioned in the article.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...