PDA

View Full Version : Game Used in Tokyo?

spartakid
05-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot, but is anyone aware of any place or person who sells Japanese league game used memorabilia in Tokyo? Thanks

lakeerie92
05-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot, but is anyone aware of any place or person who sells Japanese league game used memorabilia in Tokyo? Thanks

I have been a couple times and I would check the team stores at the stadium. I went to the Bay Stars store in Yokohama and they had a bat and a few batting gloves I believe, but not much else. Even that was a little expensive though. I would think the best chance would be at the Tokyo Dome in whatever team stores are there. I have never been there, but I have been to many places in Tokyo and have only come across one baseball card store and it was even tucked away in an alley on the 2nd floor in Shibuya.

both-teams-played-hard
05-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi guys,

Vintage American clothing is big in Japan. A vintage clothing store in Tokyo is worth a shot. Gamers have been found at vintage stores in this country.
Good Luck!

spartakid
05-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys!

esigs
05-20-2016, 07:05 PM
You may want to contact GUU member Misha, who lives in Tokyo, and she could provide more information. Her email address is on her posts.

Misha
05-22-2016, 01:38 AM
Just happened to see this. Haven't been on the boards for months. I live in Tokyo and there is nothing at the stadiums except machine printed signature balls and signboards.

There are vintage clothing stores but I have never found anything there.

There is a chain of card shops called Mint and they have shops in Shinjuku and Shibuya etc, but not really memorabilia. Here's their site

http://www.mint-web.co.jp/pdf/englishmap.pdf

There is a Japanese guy who is a GU dealer, but he buys in the States and sells here for a markup, so not really a source for Japanese things. Haven't been to his place in more than 15 years, and don't have his contact info on hand, but I'll see if I can dig it up. I may have kept his business card somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Nakano Broadway has a bunch of small shops selling anime, misc etc goods. There is a shop that specializes in F1 Racing GU goods, and I've found some signed Japanese baseball items which are crazy expensive. Here's their site http://www.nbw.jp/index_e.html

Hope this helps, but Japan is not really into GU sports stuff. Anime is king here.