PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr 98 Gamer on Grey Flannel

CPuente57
05-21-2016, 10:22 PM
I know Grey Flannel doesn't have the greatest of reputations, but I'm curious about this jersey. It does come with the Griffey LOA from Unique Sports. Is this a good gamer?

http://greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=35956

Dewey2007
05-21-2016, 11:10 PM
"This jersey is properly tagged, was presented to us as game-used and in our opinion, shows excellent use."

What more do you need??

CPuente57
05-22-2016, 09:27 AM
A) You don't have to be rude about it....all Grey Flannel items say this even on items that end up not being legit. Sorry if the question seems stupid to you

B) The Griffey LOA is a piece of paper, it's not like it's matching holograms or anything. I just want to be extra careful about thinking on bidding on this (which I have not decided, and honestly it'll probably be outside my price range), I'm no jersey expert, and know that there is a bounty on info here so it could help decide if I want to bid or not.

I know Grey Flannel has really gone downhill, but they still have legit stuff (outside of the self authenticating items)

Dewey2007
05-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Sorry, not being rude.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across very well.

Good luck...I hope there is someone on here that can help you out with your questions.

CPuente57
05-22-2016, 10:12 AM
I apologize for the insinuation as well...yeah sometimes on the internet it's hard to tell sarcasm..sorry for taking it the wrong way

I'm not as versed on game used as people are on here and I understand some of my questions might be common sense or dumb, which is why I hate asking questions on here, but I just want to know as much as I can to help me keep learning.

Phil316
05-22-2016, 03:35 PM
For some reason I thought most 1998 gamers have a 2 inch extra length. I am sure it's possible that every jersey was not tagged the same but that's what I would look for too.

The COA'S are a nice thing to have to accompany the jersey but are just a piece of paper.

Have you attempted any photomatching, that's the for sure way.

sox83cubs84
05-22-2016, 08:49 PM
It looks possible but, before committing, I'd want to check photos of the back, particularly the arch of the NOB plate and the spacing between it and the number.

Dave Miedema

volunteer
05-23-2016, 11:52 PM
For some reason I thought most 1998 gamers have a 2 inch extra length. I am sure it's possible that every jersey was not tagged the same but that's what I would look for too.

The COA'S are a nice thing to have to accompany the jersey but are just a piece of paper.

Have you attempted any photomatching, that's the for sure way.

The spacing on the back is different also.
https://goldinauctions.com/ItemImages/000014/14790g_lg.jpeg

grandeleague
06-01-2016, 10:05 PM
I owned two 98 road griffeys with his coa.In both instances both were signed in black in exactly the same spot as this one. Mine showed alot more use. I might add i have never seen a 98 griffey with his coa signed in any other spot than between the 2 and 4 on the back and in any color ink except black.

grandeleague
06-01-2016, 10:07 PM
I owned two 98 road griffeys with his coa.In both instances both were signed in black in exactly the same spot as this one. Mine showed alot more use. I might add i have never seen a 98 griffey with his coa signed in any other spot than between the 2 and 4 on the back and in any color ink except black.

I believe the person who won it bought a good one.

Phil316
06-02-2016, 05:08 PM
I believe the person who won it bought a good one.

Do your two Griffey's have the extra length tag? Also are they each a size 46?