PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Cubs Game Used Jerseys

dpmancuso
05-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Does anybody own any game worn alternate Cubs jerseys from this season? I'm wondering if the name and number on the jersey has double stitching (as it has in years past) or if they changed it to single stitching this season. I purchased an authentic alternate Arrieta flex base jersey the other day, and it only has stitching around the white on the name and numbers with no stitching around the red.

jscott0688
05-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Majestic switched to kiss-cut lettering with the new flex base jerseys this season. I hate it. It looks like the lettering you find on the cheap replicas.

dpmancuso
05-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Ah, so it is correct. Wow. Amazing how they switch to the cheaper lettering, yet raise the price of the jersey.

I was skeptical about the legitimacy of it because I purchased an "authentic" jersey online from Sports World across the street from Wrigley last year, only to notice they used the replica letters and numbers and he pressed them on a cool base authentic. There was no stitching on the jersey, and the lettering and font was slightly different. I couldn't believe it! I called the store and the manager tells me "that's how they make them now." I laughed at her.

When I drop $200+ on an authentic jersey, I expect it to be 100% authentic. Glad that's the case this time, but not do thrilled that Majestic has cheapened the quality.