PDA

View Full Version : New member just introducing myself...

BrianRichards
05-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Hello!

First time posting... Just wanted to introduce myself a bit: 46-year-old guy here who has been collecting sports memorabilia-type stuff since I was a kid. Just recently dipped my toes into the "game used/game issued" area of the hobby with a few purchases. I mainly collect the Minnesota Vikings, but I also pick up Twins baseball items occasionally, and was a HUGE fan of the old Minnesota North Stars. I'm fortunate in that the girlfriend loves collecting sports stuff as well, so it works out like that, LOL! I also write a Vikings memorabilia blog for the website vikingsdigitaldiaries.com called the "Vintage Vikings Collection". Check it out if you get a chance! I was bored yesterday after work, and decided to mess around with my game-used/issued stuff a bit and finally take a photo of it all together: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208873036998408&set=gm.728574040578935&type=3&theater

swainer
05-28-2016, 10:16 AM
Welcome aboard! It is nice having the significant other in your corner. That doesn't happen too often. Nice collection!

Juicyfruit66
05-28-2016, 01:52 PM
I'll check it out at work! Lucky your wife dies t regard your collection as junk haha (I'm a clown crying on the inside).

Juicyfruit66
05-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Doesn't

HawaiiSportsNut
05-29-2016, 02:13 AM
Welcome to the forum. Who's Stars & Stripe Twins caps is in the photo? I have a Kurt Suzuki Stars & Stripes cap in my collection. Did you get a chance to check out the Twins Authentics shop at the stadium? I heard they have a lot of great game used memorabilia there.

Happy Collecting...

BrianRichards
05-29-2016, 11:44 PM
The cap belonged to Twins pitching coach Neil Allen, who wore it during the 4th of July game a couple years back. I picked it up as part of a game-used "mystery grab bag" the Twins Authentics booth was selling at a game I was at recently.