PDA

View Full Version : MLB Holo Database Help

Wrigley2010
05-31-2016, 12:46 AM
Can anyone offer assistance or advice on how to get a hologram from an item they own entered in to the database? I know there are countless threads on here about this exact same issue. Heck I've contributed to most of them. I decided that instead of resurrecting an old thread I'd start a new one.

So over the past 5+ years I have sent 15+ emails seeking help with items I own that either don't show in the database or are incorrectly described. I was always very thorough with my emails. My hope was that anyone who could help me would have more information than they could possibly need.

I have given up on all of my gamers with MLB errors except for one. The last lone hold out is a jersey that I was including as part of a trade for a Xander Bogaerts game used bat. The one caveat in the trade? You guessed it, I had to get the holo info put in to MLBs database.

I guess this thread serves a duel purpose. The main purpose is to see if anyone can offer any advice or a possible alternative approach to correcting this error. I have copied the most recent email exchange below so everyone can see where my frustration is stemming from. Please keep in mind this is the latest exchange with there being several more over the past 4 years about this exact same jersey.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
To authentication@website.mlb.com Apr 4 at 1:09 AM

Hello,

I have tried unsuccessfully at least five times over the past four years or so to get a hologram of a jersey I own entered in to the date base. The hologram number is FJ 316448. It is a BJ Upton Tampa Smokers game used jersey. Any assistance with helping me fix this error would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Joe
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Shelton, Howard <howard.shelton@mlb.com>
To Joe Apr 4 at 9:26 AM

Joe,

We will look into this ASAP we are on the road for Opening Day games this week.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 1:04 AM
To: Shelton, Howard
Subject: Re: My hologram doesnt show in data base please help

Hi Howard,

I just wanted to touch base and see if you had an opportunity to look in to this for me? I'm in no hurry and do completely understand how this time of the year is super busy for you. Thanks again for your time Howard.

Cheers,
Joe
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Shelton, Howard <howard.shelton@mlb.com>
To 'joe' May 13 at 8:48 AM

Joe –

My apologies on this…I’m looking into this today.

Howard Shelton, Jr.
Program Manager, MLB Authentication
Major League Baseball Consumer Products
75 9th Ave, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
Office: 212-931-7443
Cell: 609-505-2813
howard.shelton@mlb.com

_____Follow MLB Authentication (@MLB_Authentic) on Twitter___________________________________________ _____________________________________________

lengthwise1
06-02-2016, 08:08 PM
I've got a Helton AS 02 Jersey signed twice with a hologram that doesn't scan, tell me about it, so frustrating.

I've got a few others, but that one stings the most.