PDA

View Full Version : Yes! I just got Jose Canseco to sign my game used bat!!!

JasonM33
02-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Jose was at a signing today in AZ. I found out about it at the last minute so I had to race there. I just barely made it in time before he left. I was so out of breath when I finally got there that Jose probably thought I was insane. He he. I looked like such a fanboy. First he signed my retail Oakland A's road jersey. He added 40/40 which was awesome. Then I said to him that I was told that my Cooper bat was an Oakland A's gamer. He said "hold on and I'll tell you". Then he inspected the bat (Especially the handle) and said "Yep, it's real". I'm so excited right now. I've had that bat since 1998 and I've been dying to get him to sign it ever since. Yes! I had a couple other questions to ask him but I was so hyped up that my mind drew a blank and I forgot to ask him. He he.

Pics coming soon.

JRocker49
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
awesome man congrats did he sign it gamer. I sent my jose rangers gamer down to that signing and requested the inscription i cant wait to get it back cant wait to see the pics

JasonM33
02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
awesome man congrats did he sign it gamer. I sent my jose rangers gamer down to that signing and requested the inscription i cant wait to get it back cant wait to see the pics

I forgot to ask him to add the gamer inscription. I was so flustered just trying to get there in time that I totally forgot.

JRocker49
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
thats cool man was he a nice huy i have never met him before

JRocker49
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
also how was the crowd good turn out

JasonM33
02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I've personally met Jose once and I've met him at card shows two other times. He's always been very respectfull and friendly. Not at all like the jerk some people make him out to be. I got there right as he was getting ready to leave so there weren't very many people there. He was signing anything and everything. I wish I wasn't so rushed. I have another bat that I'd like to get signed and a book and one more jersey. Hopefully he'll keep doing appearances.

JasonM33
02-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Here's a pic of the bat. Sorry it's not better. It's the best that my humble camera can do at this point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/IpreferKeaton/misc/DSCF0002.jpg

JRocker49
02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Just got back my canseco gamer sig is awesome and he added the game used inscription as requested here is a pic the sig is a 10

JasonM33
02-08-2007, 07:13 PM
That's awesome! I wish I would have thought of that. What an idiot. LOL.

-Jason

JRocker49
02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
hey at least you got to meet the man and have him in sign it in front of you to get him to sign it on the sweet spot like that i taped a not to the barrell pointing to where he signed it with the inscription. the promoter said no promises that he would do the inscription and said jose would have to inspect the bat well i now feel very comfortable that it is a legit jose gamer complete witht he partially hand shaved handle. i heard there is a photo on a card of him shaving down handles i would love to find that

JasonM33
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
The handle on my Cooper is shaved also.

I have a card from 1997 when he was with the A's that shows him shaving his bat. Is that the one you are talking about? I can scan it for you if you want.

-Jason

JRocker49
02-08-2007, 08:57 PM
yeah i think thats the one can you scan that for me thanks you can email it to kosar2579@hotmail.com thanks again ken

JasonM33
02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Will do.

Whoa! What's the Kosar for? I from Ohio and Bernie Kosar is like a God to me. Does that have anything to do with it?

JRocker49
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
yes it is i am a huge kosar fan have alot of signed stuff from him and actually got to catch a pass from him at a store signing a few years back he is the man im 27 and grew up idolizing him

JasonM33
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
yes it is i am a huge kosar fan have alot of signed stuff from him and actually got to catch a pass from him at a store signing a few years back he is the man im 27 and grew up idolizing him

Wow. That's so cool. I was lucky enough to meet him in Browns training camp in 1993. He was great. Most of the players wouldn't even sign after a long practice but Bernie stood out there until every single person got an autograph. He even made people clear out of my way so he could sign for me because I was wearing my Kosar jersey. What a class act. I had that jersey framed and it's one of my prized possessions. He's a big hero for me. I plan to get some game used stuff of Kosar in the near futre. You don't se much stuff from him out there. I got offered a complete uniform once a long time ago but at that time I wasn't really into game used stuff. I wish I had that decision to make over again. I would love to see him do a card show signing or something like that.

-Jason M

JRocker49
02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Jason,
My friends had a private signing with him 2 years ago i got to help out what i nice guy actually caught a pass from him. Bernie will only do signings where they will not charge the fans. but no promoter will pay him what he wants and not charge people so thats why all he does is private signings. I was really bummed one day he was instudio at the local radio station and i heard him and would have went down and coulda got somethign signed but i was sick as hell it was really dissapointing fyi he was on 1100 wtam

JRocker49
02-12-2007, 04:04 PM
also i have gotten bernie to sign through the mail if you want his addy in flordia email me and i will give it to you

JasonM33
02-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Sweet!

Email on it's way.